• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Maryland

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You just can't tell someone what to expect...you gotta live it! Nice list and welcome aboard! I am guessing that replacing a caliper also got you familiar with topping off the brake master cylinder. That is another one that under full or overfill can make work for you. We take a bunch of stuff for granted that was learned experience, but we know more about our boats and have a big group here that are willing to help with almost anything! Glad to have you on board @Blazin14 !

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome @Blazin14 !! Don't forget LED's unless you already have them.

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hello @Blazin14 ,
Welcome and enjoy!
I grew up sailing on the sassafras river and Chesapeake bay. Spent a lot of time in Annapolis as well.
Beautiful area of the world you live in!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just read the list from the original post and have a question. What is this trick and what is it for? 5.2 - Practice the reverse, kill engines open throttle trick. Probably one of those things that happen to me from time to time where everyone knows something and somehow I missed it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is the reverse move @BravoMike . It is used to clear debris, mostly grass or seaweed type stuff, from the jets when you get into it. If you get the boat moving backwards as good as you can without water washing over the swim deck, then simultaneously pull the lanyard kill switch and throw the throttles full forward, the backward movement will flood into the jets from behind, and the stopped impellers will let the water force any non plugged vegetation off the grates and out of the intake. Sometimes you have to repeat this process. It is used when you know you are getting cavitation and that you have just transitioned an area with grass or weeds. Don't do this while your still in the grass and weeds, hopefully it is localized and you can get clear and use the procedure. We don't have much of this type vegetation at RR or Texoma, so that is why you haven't ever used the move. It beats getting in the clean outs and removing grass...driftwood/ski ropes/etc still require manual removal.

Last edited:

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you @txav8r! I can always count on your for answers and you are close by too! This is my "I learn at least one new thing everyday" event.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(though I have never used that move within the State of Texas--our trash seems to be bigger here. I just go immediately to the clean out ports...)

jacob37

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I too do most of my boating in the upper Chesapeake. Put in on the Elk River and hang out mostly in one of three spots Ski Beach Bohemia, Lloyds Creek Sassafras, or the Islands up by the Susquehanna. Come say hello and have a cold beverage.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hello @jacob37 and welcome to the forum! I see you have two posts and one is this post that the OP was from Maryland. He hasn't posted in this thread since January of this year, but I don't know the last time he posted on the forum...I will check. Glad to have you with us, feel free to post in the Welcome Aboard section, and let us recognize you directly! Because in this thread, only those members that participated in it are likely to see it. Once again, welcome and glad to have you here.

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome - also boat in the upper Chesapeake. Put in at Anchor Marine and hang out near Sand Island. Run up to Chesapeake City on occassion