• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Michigan! New to the fourms!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They don't make truck beds like they used to!

Bluesib

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea 5.5-6 foot truck bed what a joke. 11 foot jet ski but hey no one tailgating me

Bluesib

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So just looking at the jet ski the coils are just pushed in no screw to secure them. Is this just going to be a swap with mounts or is there a lot I'm going to have to do??

Bluesib

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
well not bad for one guy (2 friends cancel) have the jetski engine in the boat nothing hooked up.

Attachments

Bluesib

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
More views of the blown engine. Looks like scrap metal. So I don't think the jet ski ecu is going to work in the boat. The spark plug coils on the boat come from the ecu and on the jetski they do not so I still might need a boat ecu...........

Attachments

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like it! Get er done! Screw the hoa! They Can HELP Replace THE Engine OR They Can Kiss it!!!

nucleuscracker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Blues! I'm up in fenton and we've been boating on Lake Fenton now for 7 years. Love our yamaha!

Bluesib

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well just a update for you guys. Engine is in and found out I still needed a new ecu ordered it. Put it in the thing runs great. So what happend was at some time the ecu got wet and injector 3 was stuck on flooded the engine and blew it.

Attachments

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Well just a update for you guys. Engine is in and found out I still needed a new ecu ordered it. Put it in the thing runs great. So what happend was at some time the ecu got wet and injector 3 was stuck on flooded the engine and blew it.
Just in time for the holiday weekend. Glad it all worked out in the end.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What did the ECU cost you?

Bluesib

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@buckbuck I wanted a brand new one and payed more then some sites I think it was 1100 on Amazon but I had a 500 gift card on there so I wanted to use it.