• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holder of the Scupper Wrenches

LOZBum

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can send you one. I'll PM you for your address and get it sent out.

rjevans11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am finished with the scupper wrench. Please let me know who needs it next.

Ronnie

aaronkneeland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@aaronkneeland @Alex Smith Do you guys have the other scupper wrench. I think something Beachbummer may have some sort of issue. He responded back the same day on the 25th, but has since been silent. I know he was travelling, but maybe his trip got extended.

Anyway if the other wrench is floating around I thought I would ask. I want to try and get it done next weekend. Thanks
No I never followed up with my address to get it shipped to me. Might circle back to this project this spring .

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I am going to try to tackle this project. Who wants to send me a wrench!?

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you guys think that this is something that I should do before putting the boat in the water for the first time?

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's probably not necessary. It's more of a preventative maintenance measure. One of those "it's not IF it's going to fail, but WHEN..." things. But if your boat is sitting there looking at you with sad puppy eyes waiting for winter to end, do it!

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's probably not necessary. It's more of a preventative maintenance measure. One of those "it's not IF it's going to fail, but WHEN..." things. But if your boat is sitting there looking at you with sad puppy eyes waiting for winter to end, do it!
What's the failure rate on these? I haven't even picked up my boat, do you think that I can go this season without doing it? Thanks

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you guys think that this is something that I should do before putting the boat in the water for the first time?
Your boat is new enough you do not have to worry about it. Your scupper valve is above the water line. The ones that have to be switched out are the older boats with the scupper below the water line. You're good to go.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your boat is new enough you do not have to worry about it. Your scupper valve is above the water line. The ones that have to be switched out are the older boats with the scupper below the water line. You're good to go.
Oh ok. I thought that mine was below the water line. Thanks

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still in need of a wrench. If you have one, let me know. I'll send you my address so we can figure out the shipping. Thanks!

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody? No scupper wrenches left in the world?

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine already came. I have the rear tray pulled out and I've made eye contact with the current scupper and its retaining nut. Just need a wrench to make life super easy!

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
... Bumping this again!

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found my old Ford Fan wrench and should be good. Just need to make a couple bends in it to look like Lspeeds'.