• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holder of the Scupper Wrenches

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@GMAN2015 if that works out for ya and makes life easy, let me know. Maybe we can work something out and I could borrow it...

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well. I got the nut off. Kind of. I was attaching some vise grips to hold it in place so I could get after it with my channel locks on the inside. And it broke. Whoops? But now, how the heck do you get the hose off the fitting? It twists but won't pull off. I'm sure I just have to man up, but I'm hoping someone has a trick.

Attachments

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's about right @vzimmer113 . A majority of the scuppers (mine included) broke off while doing this. Mind blowing to think.

As far as getting the scupper hose off, just pull pull pull. I believe I twisted back and forth and pulled at the same time.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well. I got the nut off. Kind of. I was attaching some vise grips to hold it in place so I could get after it with my channel locks on the inside. And it broke. Whoops? But now, how the heck do you get the hose off the fitting? It twists but won't pull off. I'm sure I just have to man up, but I'm hoping someone has a trick.
@GMAN2015 if that works out for ya and makes life easy, let me know. Maybe we can work something out and I could borrow it...
I see ya already tore into it. :) Haven't had a chance to bend the fan wrench yet but it should work. I plan to attempt mine in a couple weeks.

plug out blowout

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looking for a scupper wrench. Any available?

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good luck!

This job honestly wasn't as bad as I was expecting. But then again, my boat was in the garage for the winter so I didn't have to rush through it. The wrench would have made things even easier, but it's totally do-able without it (on my 210).

Weebs74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could use the wrench as well. I know the shipping will be a bit more for Hawaii...get you a beer and some Poki when you make it out this way!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Whoever has the wrenches needs to check in...... there are 3 out there so there should be no issue getting one to a member that needs it. @Administrative

Weebs74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any news yet on the scupper wrenches?? Do I really need them?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
any news yet on the scupper wrenches?? Do I really need them?
You don't HAVE to have one, but it certainly makes the install much easier. Unfortunate we've lost track of them. Maybe someone with one of the wrenches will see this post and chime in.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why not channel locks? Just got my scupper valve. Looking forward to this project

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why not channel locks? Just got my scupper valve. Looking forward to this project
I couln't track down the wrenches when I did mine, so I ended up using channel locks. Completely do-able on my 21.

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I figure I post this here for those who don't like to wait around -

This wrench worked for me. Not perfect but does the job very well.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see ya already tore into it. :) Haven't had a chance to bend the fan wrench yet but it should work. I plan to attempt mine in a couple weeks.
I replaced mine. Used an old ford fan wrench, hammered the open end down to size. Then went after it with a torch and made 2 bends to clear the other water box and hose. Cut then end off to clear the water box support panel. Note the new scupper nut is a tad smaller dimension than the crappy plastic one. And yes the old scupper snapped off as soon as a little force was applied to remove the hose.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finished my with channel locks. I thought the job was easy but my 12 year old scupper valve was in great shape. I had to break it off. I really thought it would be more brittle.