• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holder of the Scupper Wrenches

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I finished my with channel locks. I thought the job was easy but my 12 year old scupper valve was in great shape. I had to break it off. I really thought it would be more brittle.
I've heard of a few and far between OEM Scuppers that were still in good shape. At least now you have peace of mind. I wasn't in a rush to do mine, but when I did, it broke off. So I feel much better too.

Weebs74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just received the scupper...have the parts in hand and will tackle the job this weekend! Thanks for sending out the wrench...to Hawaii! You guys rock.

Just changed out the bilge pump as well to a 800gph pump and attached a float switch as well so I don't need to have the helm switch on if taking on water. What a bunch of gymnastics that is to replace the mounting plate for the bilge pump...don't wish that on anyone!!! The pump will either be on demand at the switch or auto activate on the float switch. Another aspect of peace of mind.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Weebs74 and @Foot55 your best bet is to go back through the posts and figure out who got the wrench last and ping them.....I've been trying to get people to post that they HAVE it...but not been successful at that!

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Lspeedss and @jcyamaharider have crafted custom wrenches to access and change the scupper valves.

I just finished using @Lspeedss's wrench and will be forwarding it on to @Jump Right In .

This thread is here to track who has the wrenches and who needs them next.

This is Lspeedss's wrench

And this is jcyamaharider's

Thank you both for creating the wrenches and making them available to the rest of us!

So who needs them next?

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
please add me to the list mine is shot out 2014 242limited need new scupper

Weebs74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Weebs74 and @Foot55 your best bet is to go back through the posts and figure out who got the wrench last and ping them.....I've been trying to get people to post that they HAVE it...but not been successful at that!
I have it!!! Though I sent it to foot55. He just received the wrench.

Last edited:

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just need an address and it is out of here.
Do you still have the scupper wrench? I may try changing mine out this weekend.

Let me know. Thanks!

Foot55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the wrench in the mail today from Weebs74. I have a JBN friend helping me change it this Saturday. I can mail out after that.
Looks like Jerry Ferrera has next. Supposedly, there are 2 other wrenches out there too.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got the wrench in the mail today from Weebs74. I have a JBN friend helping me change it this Saturday. I can mail out after that.
Looks like Jerry Ferrera has next. Supposedly, there are 2 other wrenches out there too.
Thanks I could use it

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just put mine in with channel locks tonight.... hope it holds :-O

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
please send me your address and I will forward it to you......
FYI - I am currently in possession of the scupper wrench. Let me know when it is needed.

06CCDMAX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I ordered the scupper today would like to be put on the list for the tool. Thanks, Brian.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered the scupper today would like to be put on the list for the tool. Thanks, Brian.
I am sooooo sorry, I am not sure how I missed this. Please let me know if you still need it and I will get out ASAP. Otherwise, I will get it over to @Hollywood if you no longer need it.

*****If you are in need of the wrench certainly post to the board as a matter of record for the order. However, I would ALSO recommend sending a direct message to the individual of record who has it (so they don't miss the board post as I did). ******

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How do I order one ? Already got the new stainless valve so just need the wrench so I can get started