• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holder of the Scupper Wrenches

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds like one of our metal fabricator forum friends needs to create a few of these and stamp Jetboaters.net on them.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like one of our metal fabricator forum friends needs to create a few of these and stamp Jetboaters.net on them.
I'll be doing this swap over the next few days and will probably have to make one since it looks like the others have gone the way of Jimmy Hoffa. If I fab one I'll reply here. Only hiccup timing-wise is that the boats at the marina and I don't know what the gunwale looks like underneath to fabricate the clearance. if someone's got a photo from the back end I could maybe save a day or two.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ended up pulling the water box and using a regular set of (big) channel locks. Sorry, no wrench fab.

Attachments

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am going to replace mine in a few weeks. Just reading a few posts ahead of this one it seems like the scupper wrench is no more. If someone has it pm me.

GrizFam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, I'm looking for this wrench if it's still out there. Dawning from St. Pete, FL. Thank you!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If anyone has one of the wrenches could you please post a picture and dimensions? I am thinking of 3D printing some.

12jeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Lspeedss and @jcyamaharider have crafted custom wrenches to access and change the scupper valves.

I just finished using @Lspeedss's wrench and will be forwarding it on to @Jump Right In .

This thread is here to track who has the wrenches and who needs them next.

This is Lspeedss's wrench

And this is jcyamaharider's

Thank you both for creating the wrenches and making them available to the rest of us!

So who needs them next?
What size is that?

Tuffkopf

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Lspeedss and @jcyamaharider have crafted custom wrenches to access and change the scupper valves.

I just finished using @Lspeedss's wrench and will be forwarding it on to @Jump Right In .

This thread is here to track who has the wrenches and who needs them next.

This is Lspeedss's wrench

And this is jcyamaharider's

Thank you both for creating the wrenches and making them available to the rest of us!

So who needs them next?
Are these wrenches still floating around? I am going to replace my original plastic scupper on my SX230 with Stainless Steel.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just installed the ss scupper that had been sitting in my garage for 9 years. One thing to note is to make sure the hose doesn't twist when you clamp it on to the scupper. Mine rotated my scupper about 45 degrees and now that the 3m 5200 has set its not moving ever again. I don't think it's a big deal but just thought I would mention it.