• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HOLE IN ONE!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That’s gonna be a pain to get out.

Eldonfredo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I would have sworn this was one in a million but sure enough there’s another thread on this already! This forum is amazing. Seems like pulling the pump is the consensus on that thread.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could cut that in Half easily with an oscillating tool if you can get it in there. and then check for damage. But pulling the pump also works.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You could cut that in Half easily with an oscillating tool if you can get it in there. and then check for damage. But pulling the pump also works.
That grate is such a bitch to work around. I just pull the pump every time something is stuck up there.

Eldonfredo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’m kind of curious why removing the pump is easier than removing the grate. Grate seems to be 4 bolts. Must be sealing it properly?

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can prop shaft be rotated backwards with a pipe wrench? Wrap it with something so you don’t scratch it. Seems like that would get it out.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m kind of curious why removing the pump is easier than removing the grate. Grate seems to be 4 bolts. Must be sealing it properly?
If the sealant on the newer boats is anything like it is on mine, it may as well be on there with super glue, because it's going to take a lot more effort to remove the grate with all of that sealant, whereas the pump may require a few more bolts to be removed, but it shouldn't take you more than half an hour 45 minutes the first time you do it, and drastically less time thereafter

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
1712628102196.png