• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hose Clamps for Towing?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Following as I assume my 2020 has the same new design. Too bad they didn't add a shut off on that hose from the factory.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if the reverse gate was fully open (full throttle position), if there'd actually be enough water pressure to push water up into the motor?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Zechbruder Glad to help.

Notice that one line is red the other black. Look under the seat where your where the adapter to hook a hose to runs. You'll see a red line there. I'm like 99.99% certain the red line is from the flush fitting, and the black line is from the jet pump.

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Zechbruder Glad to help.

Notice that one line is red the other black. Look under the seat where your where the adapter to hook a hose to runs. You'll see a red line there. I'm like 99.99% certain the red line is from the flush fitting, and the black line is from the jet pump.
Yeah, thought of that, had seen it in some post somewhere (could have been on that other site...?)....

anyway, on the 2019 SX210, the hose connection for flushing is on the exterior, on the first transom landing near the cupholders, so no way to see them from inside.

But! I did verify that if I clamp the red hose (or #2 in my picture above) that I do not get water flowing from the exterior hose connection through the engine. Cranked the engine, started the hose. Waited a couple of seconds. As soon as I un-clamped the red hose, water began exiting the boat via the side pisser visual checker and could hear it hit the pavement around the jet below. All the while counting one mississippi, two mississippi....and thinking Shepard's Prayer.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if the reverse gate was fully open (full throttle position), if there'd actually be enough water pressure to push water up into the motor?
This was my thought.

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Knowing for now for sure for towing is a good thing. I was also wanting to know so if one motor went kaput, I could clamp it and limp home on the second engine at more than towing speed.

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length