• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

hot water in center storage

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine is at the dealer too for the 10 hours maintenance, I asked them to have a look at the shaft aligment and the carbone seal since I have water in the ski locker too.

She told me hot water there and a worn seal would make sense so we'll see if I am in trouble

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine is at the dealer too for the 10 hours maintenance, I asked them to have a look at the shaft aligment and the carbone seal since I have water in the ski locker too.

She told me hot water there and a worn seal would make sense so we'll see if I am in trouble
Well the dealer took it out and ran it hard and found no issues at all. She spoke with BRP and everything is on record. But I notice this after 5hr days running the boat, on 2 different days out at Lake Mead. He looked at the alignment and said it all looks good. After running the 195 hard for 1hr the BRP/certified mechanic found zero water in the ski locker. When it comes to BRP and the BRP certified mechanic at least I have their professional opinion on record. If something goes wrong I surely will be upset but also protected.

My experiance in this boat when it comes to issues is only hot water in the ski locker. Other then that. The boat has been so solid and very fun. I've taken it on very far runs both those days and rode hard after the 10hr mark. The 195 ho impulse is a beast for a 1st time buyer. @Slugger55 @ScarabMike we will just have to see...I don't know where to go from here other than record via cell phone video when it happens again.. Thanks everyone for all the help

Bobby

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Dealer just called me, my boat is ready.

The shaft and the seal are ok.

Now lets enjoy and stop worrying!

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I agree...;) but still thank full for all the help

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Update. MM, Tom, just texted me and my boat will go out on the bay tomorrow... I'm hoping to pick it up on Friday... Poker run with skis on Saturday and run the Ol' Scarab on Sunday!!

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nice!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So, MM Pensacola has stepped it up a notch and the boat is ready to pick up.. Tom (service Tech) said that they had it over in detail. My first thought was that the BRP tech wore greasy boots while working in the cockpit (I have just installed SeaDek). So, I kinda asked, "why?" Tom said, "we detail every boat that comes through service. I replied, "I thought maybe something happened to my new SeaDek." Tom said, "nope, we take every precaution to protect the interior of the boat." What a sigh of relief!! Heading to Pensacola to pick up "Jetz Crusan."

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Took mine out today and a tiny bit of water was in the ski locker and it was cold. It ran beautifully and I hit 45 2x today in Havasu. Also for the ones who say the cock pit and bow cover is a no, no. Well I've done 2 trips that involved 300+ miles at speeds of 72mph max. It very strong and not 1 snap came off. Hope all is well...

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My locker always has water in it. Rain, water from feet, wakeboards, lifejackets, etc. all seem to funnel down into the locker. Given the reward leaning slope of the boat if there was water in the locker from a leak in the rear I would check the engine compartment for water as well. My engine compartment water free, which is why I think the water in the locker is from outside...minus the time we launched the boat with the plugs not inserted. :(

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My locker always has water in it. Rain, water from feet, wakeboards, lifejackets, etc. all seem to funnel down into the locker. Given the reward leaning slope of the boat if there was water in the locker from a leak in the rear I would check the engine compartment for water as well. My engine compartment water free, which is why I think the water in the locker is from outside...minus the time we launched the boat with the plugs not inserted. :(
Those damn plugs. ;)

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Took mine out today and a tiny bit of water was in the ski locker and it was cold. It ran beautifully and I hit 45 2x today in Havasu. Also for the ones who say the cock pit and bow cover is a no, no. Well I've done 2 trips that involved 300+ miles at speeds of 72mph max. It very strong and not 1 snap came off. Hope all is well...
Those damn plugs. ;)
I'm a nerd about my plugs...sometimes I over turn them. Makes harder to take off when gassed from wake boarding. Damn plugs

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, MM Pensacola has stepped it up a notch and the boat is ready to pick up.. Tom (service Tech) said that they had it over in detail. My first thought was that the BRP tech wore greasy boots while working in the cockpit (I have just installed SeaDek). So, I kinda asked, "why?" Tom said, "we detail every boat that comes through service. I replied, "I thought maybe something happened to my new SeaDek." Tom said, "nope, we take every precaution to protect the interior of the boat." What a sigh of relief!! Heading to Pensacola to pick up "Jetz Crusan."
Most places wear plastic socks that go over their shoes when they work on boats so they don't get dirty!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Most places wear plastic socks that go over their shoes when they work on boats so they don't get dirty!
Agree, but the dealer where I bought the boat, the Tech there didn't put anything on. He just jumped into the boat and went to work.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@702mireles Be careful with the hot water in the center locker. @Slugger55 had the same issue, and it was water intrusion coming from a worn carbon seal. This was caused by bad engine/drive shaft alignment that caused premature wear on the seal. The shaft is cooled by the surface water underneath the boat, and in the bellows. This is why the water was very hot.
Yep...this was my issue

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok folks. He is the bare knuckle truth about my fixed boat. Well, I brought the boat home on Friday the 15th of July. I have been with out my boat since the 23rd of May, mind you. I wasn't able to get it into the water on until this morning, mainly due to weather and my schedule. I launched the boat around 0915 this morning and started up the boat for its maiden return home cruise. I ran it from Pretty Bayou down to the cut (the mouth of the Grand Lagoon and the Gulf); ran up the shoreline for about three miles; turned around and came back in the cut. I then steered North towards Redfish Point (Panama City Marina) and my high temp light and signal came on. I was then engulfed in a plume of white smoke and the boat went into limp mode. I turned toward Panama City Marina for safe haven as there were large Yachts heading toward Lower Grand Lagoon for a day on the Gulf. I shut the boat off and found the engine compartment was just spattered with anti freeze. I called BoatUS for a tow, but 45 minutes later they were a no show. We drifted toward the Marina (Thank God) and were able to get in behind the protective wall to get away from the boat traffic. Mind you, @ScarabMike have been on the phone trying to figure out what happened, but trying to do this in a heavily traveled water way was not possible. When I got home I was able to stand on my head to investigate further and here is what I found:
20160723_122920.jpg That folks is the thermostat for your Scarab and behind it is your pump. This was a total Catastrophic failure of the closed cooling system for this Rotax engine.