• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

hot water in center storage

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is the direction I am leaning. I am going to tell them to write me a check for $33,000 or give me an new 2106 195 HOI. If they aren't willing to do that then I am going to find an attorney and will sue them for the whole cost of the boat, boat trailer, SeaDek and Cover. Plus my attorney fees....

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
And moral and punitive damages

Have you tried directly with RBH?

Call the vp marketing and tell him you will flood all the social medias with your story

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Before the Yamaha fanboys come in here and knock the boat or the engine, this failure is a DIRECT effect from unknowledgable people working on this boat. From the first engine failure to this cooling system failure. Its the same issue that has plagued the Scarab line from the very beginning.

This still in no way absolves Scarab or BRP from responsibility. They need to make the 2014/2015 customers as happy as the 2016. Looks like the only people that have not had any issues with these boats are the ones that do their own maintenance, and are able to diagnose simple engine issues.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ScarabMike Unfortunately, none of my issues haven't been minor engine issues. First, I was told a locking nut came off my impellar (there isn't one). Then when the first engine failed, I was told that the drive shaft got pushed into the main bearing (which was a result of the first problem) which failed. Then after the new engine install the Tech didn't tighten the engine mount properly nor didn't align the drive shaft properly which caused uneven wear on the carbon seal. Carbon seal and several other parts were replaced, they told me the boat was sea tested (which I am questioning) and then I have a catastrophic failure of the closed coolant system. WTF!!

You are correct about the lack of knowledge the technicians have (we have had multiple conversations about this) and again I am a victim of a Tech who isn't doing their J.O.B. to the standard.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ScarabMike Dude, I thought about my comment after I hit the enter button, my intention wasn't to poke you in the eye... You are a good friend and someone who truly cares about other people and their experiences..

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I saw the same information. I did find that Koch Lambert is the President... Thanks for look'in.

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
damn bro...sorry to hear all this is happening to you. @Slugger55

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Slugger55 want to sell your trailer cover? figured I would ask...:)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that your issues are continuing @Slugger55 I feel your pain.

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What would have caused this, I don't understand the mechanism of it that well? Would a tech not have tightened something properly or done an incomplete job of installing a part?

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Working on these boats I have several other areas to check. Look at the Boeing area, the bow eye and horn are common. Also look at the docking lights on the 215 and 255. On the 195 you have to look up under the bow seat. The bow eye is easy but the horn you can't see without a mirror. You can reach up carefully with your hand and feel for wetness. On the 215 and 255 open the bow ladder and slide it out and everything is visible. Scary everything with a garden hose and look or feel for leaks. Everything in the boat drains to the bilge. Water moves a lot in these boats and will get warm just from being in the bilge that close to the engine that runs at 200+ deg. I have chased water leaks to find it coming from the bow area. Not saying this is the problem but easy way to check for yourself.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Scarabtech Carbon Seal failed from improper alignment of the drive shaft..

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering the ski locker has its drain above the bottom section of the hull (almost 2") and then the drain from that locker is approx another inch above the bottom of the locker itself on the stern side... If there is water intrusion that is warm or hot due to contact with the engine, you would have serious problems. That would mean that the bilge is having problems bailing that amount of water because the float switch activates at a little over half an inch. I highly doubt unless you are running into huge waves or performing submarine moves with your boat, that the bow will allow that much water to come into the bilge.

Working on these boats I have several other areas to check. Look at the Boeing area, the bow eye and horn are common. Also look at the docking lights on the 215 and 255. On the 195 you have to look up under the bow seat. The bow eye is easy but the horn you can't see without a mirror. You can reach up carefully with your hand and feel for wetness. On the 215 and 255 open the bow ladder and slide it out and everything is visible. Scary everything with a garden hose and look or feel for leaks. Everything in the boat drains to the bilge. Water moves a lot in these boats and will get warm just from being in the bilge that close to the engine that runs at 200+ deg. I have chased water leaks to find it coming from the bow area. Not saying this is the problem but easy way to check for yourself.