• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

House Battery?

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If I turn my house battery on shouldn't I be able to get power to the connex/stereo without having the start battery on? I suspect it is wired wrong but just wanted to check to see how others are.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If I turn my house battery on shouldn't I be able to get power to the connex/stereo without having the start battery on? I suspect it is wired wrong but just wanted to check to see how others are.
I have the same issue with mine. I figured it was because I rewired the batteries incorrectly when I added my sliding tray and maintainer but maybe it's been like that all along. Curious to see what other folks have to say.

PS - Nice looking boat :)

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same issue here. Wouldn't surprise me if it was wired incorrectly. Curious what others know about this...

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't mean to insult you....but I have made the same mistake....did you insert your key and turn it on?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't mean to insult you....but I have made the same mistake....did you insert your key and turn it on?
I know I did. Checked it twice and then figures I had rewired it wrong.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am not insulted, yes if I have the start and house battery on and turn key on with cutoff clip inserted I have the connex up and the radio on; if I then turn off the start battery the system shuts off. I would think you would want to get to anchor and shut off start battery to save it and then run stereo off the house battery.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK. ...on mine all I have to do is have the house battery on an key in and on and the stereo works fine

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK. ...on mine all I have to do is have the house battery on an key in and on and the stereo works fine
It would be interesting to see how your batteries are wired. If you could grab a picture for us, that would helpful.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would but it is in the shop...ConneXT problems. ..sorry!

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
any update to this thread? I have the same issue. no power with only the house battery on.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No power with only the house battery on points to a misplaced negative wire. Double check to make sure a jumper is placed across the negative terminals of both batteries and report back.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmmm this could be something with the 24ft Connext boats needing the start battery on to supply signal voltage to something or power the connext screen. I can't say that I ever tested with just the house battery but will have to give it a try when I can.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Missed that thread. Same here - need start battery on to power the Connext. Makes no sense, and actually kind of worries me a bit. But I suppose a dead battery would do if it is in combined (in emergency)?

--

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I forgot about this thread, so I apologize for not getting pics of my battery setup! But, I do not need the start battery to be on for my house battery to power up. I don't even need the key, like I thought. I turn on the house battery and push the SYS CTRL button on the CONNEXT screen and the system powers up.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Missed that thread. Same here - need start battery on to power the Connext. Makes no sense, and actually kind of worries me a bit. But I suppose a dead battery would do if it is in combined (in emergency)?

--
Wait a second, so what you guys are telling me is that I can't run the stereo off of the house battery??? If that's the case, then why even have a battery switch? This actually really annoys me as it totally negates the purpose. So not only do my voltages not read right, but now I won't be able to save my starting battery when sitting at anchor. I think a call to Yamaha might be in order ASAP. :banghead: :facepalm:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait a second, so what you guys are telling me is that I can't run the stereo off of the house battery??? If that's the case, then why even have a battery switch? This actually really annoys me as it totally negates the purpose. So not only do my voltages not read right, but now I won't be able to save my starting battery when sitting at anchor. I think a call to Yamaha might be in order ASAP. :banghead: :facepalm:
Yes. I did not want to bring this up, as I'm trying not to be negative. LOL.

But that is pretty f@cked up, if you ask me.

--

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the same issue and suspected that my batteries were hooked up wrong as well. It concerns me that multiple people have this same issue.

The way it was briefed to me when I took delivery of my boat was the house switch was to run the lights and stereo while hanging out with the motor off.
Then to save the start battery you would keep that off until you needed to start. Then if your start battery for some reason was run down, you would bridge the two batteries with the parallel switch to combine power to start your motors.

By the way when looking at my switch connections yesterday I noticed that my house pos connection wasn't even tightened down at the house switch. luckily I was able to squeeze a small wrench in there to tighten it down. WTF

When I go in for my first service I will have them look and fix. I agree with @swatski regarding his comment above.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I forgot about this thread, so I apologize for not getting pics of my battery setup! But, I do not need the start battery to be on for my house battery to power up. I don't even need the key, like I thought. I turn on the house battery and push the SYS CTRL button on the CONNEXT screen and the system powers up.
I have not pushed the sys/ctrl button so I cant say that wont work, but I will try it. When I turn house battery on nothing then turn start battery on and the Connext starts up automatically.