• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Geico and Synchrony let me down

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That sucks but banking regulations may be on your side with regards to the lender. As far as credit cards and mortgages are concerned Regulation Z requires banks to credit the payment as of the date of receipt except for nonconforming payments such as a mailed check in customer supplied envelope with no statement slip in which they have 5 days, or a given receipt time cut off for that day may push to the next day. Two party checks may also be considered nonconforming. The date they post the payment is a different thing. Meaning even though they get the payment on lets say January 7th it may take time to process the payment for various reason including required federal anti money laundering laws or their own anti check kiting and fraud strategies. So when they finally post the payment on lets say the 14th the as of date should still be between the 7th and 12th. Even though that process may take days or more in some cases under regulation Z the payment posting date must still be the date of receipt or less than equal to 5 days later in the case of a non-conforming payment. Not sure how this applies to boat loans but I would check on the federal reserve or CFPB websites. My guess is that while boat loans are not specifically called out in reg Z that the CFPB has at least issued guidance to be treated as a secured term loan.

Another guess that I have is that you may have been provided an address to send the check to given you were sending with tracking of some type and perhaps even a payoff quote for given date from the conversation. In this case the bank must credit the payment as of the received date even though the processing amd posting process may take some time. In which case weeks is very unusual.

The fact they will owe you money is also covered and once they post the payment and you request a credit balance refund they do also have limited time to send that refund.

One last guess is that there like are similar laws regarding insurance claims.

Best of luck to you.
This was really good info. At a minimum it provided some good info for my return call.

Thanks!

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AlphaKap,
Once everything is said and done and you receive your $32K, find yourself a couple year old 242 and pay cash for it.
You can thank me in the future.
If you wish, you can send me a thank you e-mail every month for the rest of your life.
Cheers to all you Snowflakes who got your panties in a wad over my personal beliefs.
BTW, please don't reply to this post, anyone.
Remember the best way to deal with a "Troll" is to NOT respond to the said troll.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AlphaKap,
Once everything is said and done and you receive your $32K, find yourself a couple year old 242 and pay cash for it.
If you wish, you can send me a thank you e-mail every month for the rest of your life.
Cheers to all you Snowflakes who got your panties in a wad over my personal beliefs.
Remember the best way to deal with a "Troll" is to NOT respond to the said troll.
Hmmm.... I can't decide if the above is a "troll" or a "dick" (comment/post).
But either way, you seem to be a bit clueless with your (rather useless) "info".

--

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AlphaKap,
Definitely something CT would say

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, all you Snowflakes just can't ignore my postings, even when I ask you not to respond.
If I'm a troll, you guys are easy fishing for sure.
If I'm CT, you guys are really fast and busted me quickly.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, all you Snowflakes just can't ignore my postings, even when I ask you not to respond.
This forum is too help people with their boats. He was venting. Keep in mind that if you actually own a jetboat and you have a issue with said boat. If everyone puts you on ignore for disliking your tact. How are you going to get help?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Lets all just take a deep breath and then give each other a big hug

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Whoever called him out as Clemson is a clear winner.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So I reread the first poast. And I get it’s frustrating for the OP. But it’s pretty much standard practice as far as dealing with insurance companies.

I dont know the details of the fire obviously. But if the storage yard had any liability and insurance it’s much easier to play the insurance companies against each other and get a faster/better payout.

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry guys,
I am no longer responding to this posting.
Good luck to the OP and I hope you find what makes you happy.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I reread the first poast. And I get it’s frustrating for the OP. But it’s pretty much standard practice as far as dealing with insurance companies....
Agreed...just pushing paper, being the slow poke they can be...BUT the bank refusing to issue the check with the overage in an expedient fashion after receiving the full payment is inexcusable, and borderline criminal in my opinion. If you stopped paying the note for 60 days they might take the boat for all I know...They had no further interest in the boat, there is no valid explanation for keeping the money.

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry guys,
I am no longer responding to this posting.
Good luck to the OP and I hope you find what makes you happy.
Bwahahaha! in the words of the immortal Dave Ramsey, "Somebody call the wambulance!"

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After being called on it Dwrat did not become belligerent, and appeared to accept his opinion was not the end all of the world. Not awesome participation, but at least dissuaded from pouring more gas on the fire.

I think if Clemson Tiger had not happened the board would be a little more tolerant of poorly worded "mean" opinions expressed as fact... I guess our collective patience seems a little shorter than it once was a few years ago.

Not saying it's good or bad, just making an observation.

The point of being here is to present differing opinions, hopefully in a respectful way. If we can convince and convert maybe those that are borderline will return to a more civil tone.

(Don't kill me!)

I think this d@mn winter is not helping either...

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Agreed...just pushing paper, being the slow poke they can be...BUT the bank refusing to issue the check with the overage in an expedient fashion after receiving the full payment is inexcusable, and borderline criminal in my opinion. If you stopped paying the note for 60 days they might take the boat for all I know...They had no further interest in the boat, there is no valid explanation for keeping the money.
Well, again in the original post the bank got the check on 12/28 and is waiting till the first week of February to release the money. They can say whatever about money laundering and what not. But I’d be willing to bet they are waiting to make sure the check clears and this isn’t a scam. No offense OP. I deal with insurance/bank payouts for work. When the $$ is at a certain point this waiting is pretty standard. Part of the reason insurance work pays well is you generall don’t get paid for months.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
After being called on it Dwrat did not become belligerent, and appeared to accept his opinion was not the end all of the world. Not awesome participation, but at least dissuaded from pouring more gas on the fire.

I think if Clemson Tiger had not happened the board would be a little more tolerant of poorly worded "mean" opinions expressed as fact... I guess our collective patience seems a little shorter than it once was a few years ago.

Not saying it's good or bad, just making an observation.

The point of being here is to present differing opinions, hopefully in a respectful way. If we can convince and convert maybe those that are borderline will return to a more civil tone.

(Don't kill me!)

I think this d@mn winter is not helping either...
Well said. I think in general a lot of forums create trolls by not allowing alternate views to be expressed.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, again in the original post the bank got the check on 12/28 and is waiting till the first week of February to release the money. They can say whatever about money laundering and what not. But I’d be willing to bet they are waiting to make sure the check clears and this isn’t a scam. No offense OP. I deal with insurance/bank payouts for work. When the $$ is at a certain point this waiting is pretty standard. Part of the reason insurance work pays well is you generall don’t get paid for months.
I don't disagree at all. I'm not as mad about them holding off on the funds as I am that they did not tell me on earlier calls when I specifically asked when they would send it.

I don't think it is their policy or intent to deceive. It is probably lack of training.

Of course it doesn't hurt that they get to sit on the money an extra month.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And sorry for the drama. I just wanted to vent and if it stops a few new accounts for either company that is bonus.

At least this is off season. One month will be forgotten come summer.

Top Bottom