• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Geico and Synchrony let me down

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dwdouche has a negative rating more dislikes then likes he should just be ignored I do how ever find his profile pic to be amusing I give him +1 for that.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
certainly not more than any other member here ......
I agree with this as well. There is a certain level of inherent risk with just surviving day to day life. Will my job be here tomorrow? How long will it take me to find a new one. What can I do in the mean time? The only way to really hedge against those kind of risks is to have a large chunk of cash in guaranteed return investments, and live off the dividends. Not very practical for the vast majority of us, even considering the somewhat "high end" nature of the owners on this board.

The loan debate aside, the major cost of a boat ownership is... boat ownership. The trips, the fuel and maintenance, tow vehicle, insurance, storage, docking, mods, etc etc, constant never ending expenses going out left and right! B.O.A.T.

--
Another big agree here. I ran the math a few months ago on actual expenses of the boat. Went back and pulled all my Saturday fuel ups that looked like the boat/truck combo. Added in some of the other expenses of the travel associated with the trips to/from the lake. I very quickly doubled the boat payment on a monthly basis. I bet if I was diligent this year with tracking I'll be closer to triple the payment in "auxiliary" expenses. The actual purchase price and payment of the boat is small potatoes compared to the rest of the cash that gets thrown at it.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another big agree here. I ran the math a few months ago on actual expenses of the boat. Went back and pulled all my Saturday fuel ups that looked like the boat/truck combo. Added in some of the other expenses of the travel associated with the trips to/from the lake. I very quickly doubled the boat payment on a monthly basis. I bet if I was diligent this year with tracking I'll be closer to triple the payment in "auxiliary" expenses. The actual purchase price and payment of the boat is small potatoes compared to the rest of the cash that gets thrown at it.
The cost of my boat, including fuel, insurance, and other ancillary things, adds up to about the cost of a nice vacation every year. We used to vacation twice a year, now just once. I'd trade a nice vacation for mini vacations every weekend for the entire summer in a heartbeat.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This guy is a real d-bag.

2019-01-09_8-44-24.png

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
He just doubled my thumbs down :)

If I delete my poasts do they go away?!?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He just doubled my thumbs down :)

If I delete my poasts do they go away?!?
I wouldn’t worry. I wear those as a badge of honor, lol.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got disliked for going go boat show this weekend.

At least my Tigers won, still living that high for now.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dickrat's on a roll, lol.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Dwrat thanks, was hoping I'd get disliked again... and again for this one... now your the one being trolled by random posts more for you to dislike.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
With all the dislikes, I am convinced it is ClemsonTiger.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Only thing that can save this thread is floatie king vids

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
LOL

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can we stay on topic folks? Don't feed the trolls when you see that they are hungry. If everyone uses the ignore feature, there is little fun in it for the troll.

If you must engage in the back and forth banter, please PM each other or better yet, exchange email and phone numbers and enjoy your time together.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With all the dislikes, I am convinced it is ClemsonTiger.
Agreed, nearly all my dislikes came from ClemsonTiger (except a couple 'Bummer Dudes' when my boat got banged up). Ratface here gets to join that club.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It seems he dislikes your posts. Dislikes have ZERO impact on a member's standing in the community. I have 25 of them....some people hit them by mistake, some people just disagree with you. We value you, and your contributions, and we will ignore the trolls and know that we'll all get trolled (and "Disliked") at some point.

@Dwrat seems like the sort of person who treats the internet like an anonymous world where he can say what he likes. We have a community here that interacts more like a family and with more respect. As we grow, we are going to have to realize that every now and then we'll get someone that doesn't match our way of communicating, and we'll have to Ignore them (yes, we attempt to steer them to a better way, but some of these people are un-steerable).

I apologize that there isn't more we can do now. This is a hobby for the administrators and moderators, and policing poor behavior is tiresome. We are looking at using some functions of the forum software to penalize poor behavior, but defining poor behavior and being uniform in the application of such measures is REALLY HARD! There is a delicate balance running a forum, and we've handled it well (I think) so far. Seems the new year has spawned some new, more aggressive behavior.

Thank you all for putting up with the couple of crappy threads bouncing around this January. We're keeping an eye on these members and will do what we can. In the meantime, that Ignore button is the best thing to stop feeding them. (To ignore a member, click on their name, then click "Ignore")

(We have analzed the IPs this member is posting from, and it doesn't APPEAR to be ClemsonTiger....if it is, he's gotten very creative, and/or moved).

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Putting aside the mannerisms there is some valid points with paying cash for a boat and some of the methods of D Ramsey. A boat is depreciating assest. Paying intrest on top of that compounds that. I categorize my boat expenses including depreciation and lost intrest on not having the money in investments under leisure. It is equal to or greater than the cost of a week long vacation for the family. The difference is that we have many days of usage and the convience of it. It fits within the amount I have set aside for the leisure category which may be more generous as a percentage than others for this category. Our home and cars are modest for our income. I like others have made concious choices about where to allocate my money. Some enjoy counting zeros in their bank account and there is nothing wrong with that. Others prefer to spend more on their home than travel and there is nothing wrong with that. As long as ones money does not run out in retirement hitting their standard of living goal they did well regardless of how they spent and saved along the way. My plan has me on track to retire at the same standard of living I have today with even more money for travel as I won’t be paying for my kids college or weddings by that point freeing up that cash for travel.

My wife and I like some here grew up with very little and have worked very hard to be the the first ones to elevate the social economic status of our family. We are giving our kids the gift of exiting college debt free and with a paid for late model car to enter the workforce with. They did have to earn that by being excellent students and showing drive which they have. We will be taking care of our parents financially in the later part of their golden years. We also have taught both valuable leasons about what is important in life. All of that is far more important to us than retiring on 8 figures or more. We consider ourselves rich in ways that money can’t buy.

As for the bank still holding onto the money. There is nothing rare about large loan payments. Banks deal with those everyday including from other banks and insurance companies. Check 21 has been in place for well over decade enabling banks to process paper checks electronically and instantly. Banks holding onto payments primarily in order to accrue intrest is against the law. I am in a position where I can’t offer more direct advice on this topic but with the available details that have been provided it sounds as if @AlphaKap is getting a raw deal.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mainah Expertly spoken. Wish I had a touch more of your eloquence in my responses.

Now back to our regularly scheduled bank/insurance money laundering rant thread.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems he dislikes your posts. Dislikes have ZERO impact on a member's standing in the community. I have 25 of them....some people hit them by mistake, some people just disagree with you. We value you, and your contributions, and we will ignore the trolls and know that we'll all get trolled (and "Disliked") at some point.

@Dwrat seems like the sort of person who treats the internet like an anonymous world where he can say what he likes. We have a community here that interacts more like a family and with more respect. As we grow, we are going to have to realize that every now and then we'll get someone that doesn't match our way of communicating, and we'll have to Ignore them (yes, we attempt to steer them to a better way, but some of these people are un-steerable).

I apologize that there isn't more we can do now. This is a hobby for the administrators and moderators, and policing poor behavior is tiresome. We are looking at using some functions of the forum software to penalize poor behavior, but defining poor behavior and being uniform in the application of such measures is REALLY HARD! There is a delicate balance running a forum, and we've handled it well (I think) so far. Seems the new year has spawned some new, more aggressive behavior.

Thank you all for putting up with the couple of crappy threads bouncing around this January. We're keeping an eye on these members and will do what we can. In the meantime, that Ignore button is the best thing to stop feeding them. (To ignore a member, click on their name, then click "Ignore")

(We have analzed the IPs this member is posting from, and it doesn't APPEAR to be ClemsonTiger....if it is, he's gotten very creative, and/or moved).
Listen, i could care less is someone disagrees with what i have to say. Or "dislikes" my post, but this guy "disliked" bombed the whole thread. He is a trouble starter period!