• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get your 2016+ AR192 or AR195 in a garage less than 7'

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Appreciate this walkthrough and pictures! Worked like a charm with my AR195. I implemented the extensions last night so that I no longer have to crawl down in the boat and detach the cables.
Be sure to loctite those guys in place. I didn't and just tried to "tighten them up" and they came apart twice. upside-down and backwards on my head is not a place I want to go often to get in there to them, so I threw some loctite on there and they've been solid ever since.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes if you don't loctite the nuts and bolt then it will just loosen itself back off after trailering or boating no matter how tight you snug things down. Use the blue medium strength if in case you need to remove them for whatever reason or the red loctite for a more permanent bond. I used blue medium and they've stayed put ever since.

I literally stuff my 5'10" 230 lb butt IN the storage compartment rather than lay upside down angled in from the top. Not for the faint of heart if you're claustrophobic :D.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes if you don't loctite the nuts and bolt then it will just loosen itself back off after trailering or boating no matter how tight you snug things down. Use the blue medium strength if in case you need to remove them for whatever reason or the red loctite for a more permanent bond. I used blue medium and they've stayed put ever since.

I literally stuff my 5'10" 230 lb butt IN the storage compartment rather than lay upside down angled in from the top. Not for the faint of heart if you're claustrophobic :D.
Blue medium here as well.....have been holding for awhile now.

I'm damn impressed you can get your whole body in there. I'm 6'2" tall and about 240lbs. I can't even come close to getting in there. My hips and shoulders are too wide. I have to lay back down on the engine cover seat, bend backwards and "slide" into the cubby using my head and shoulders to stop the slide on the bottom of the storage area. usually end up with my hips on the edge of the seat and my shoulders touching the floor with my back bent WAY the wrong direction. Kinda hurts if you stay there very long. Then wriggle my arms in beside me and reach up working upside down/backwards to put it all together. Getting back out has required help from the neighbor once when I got in a weird angle and couldn't get my arms back to the tower mounts on the outside of the cubby to push myself out. Also a technique NOT for the claustrophobic!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lol Yamaha owners must learn the art of contortion :D.

I get in there feet first and then shove one leg in the gunnel that runs behind the bench seat up to the mid storage area and then bend my other leg so I can twist and squeeze in. I also have to move the battery to the back. I hate being in there because it never fails I either get fiberglass pieces on my skin or worse end up scrapping my sides or back when it's time to get out lol.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol Yamaha owners must learn the art of contortion :D.

I get in there feet first and then shove one leg in the gunnel that runs behind the bench seat up to the mid storage area and then bend my other leg so I can twist and squeeze in.
You can call it "Yama Yoga" start some classes and make a fortune. Plus, all your future boat purchases will be write-offs.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Your set now!

Repsol69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok, This sounds great but my garage opening is 80"...i need to get lower... would i be able to just unhook the trailer lower the front of the trailer on that front wheel and push it in??...Can i tilt the boat so the nose points downward just enough to clear the 80" opening?? We're looking to purchase an AR195 but this is the make or break problem....Thanx, Glen

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok, This sounds great but my garage opening is 80"...i need to get lower... would i be able to just unhook the trailer lower the front of the trailer on that front wheel and push it in??...Can i tilt the boat so the nose points downward just enough to clear the 80" opening?? We're looking to purchase an AR195 but this is the make or break problem....Thanx, Glen
80" is going to be tough. You would need to do something like a caster wheel mod I think and even then I'm not sure if would clear it. You could also try a really long drop hitch but it would require using the drop hitch to get it in the garage and then a floor jack to get the trailer off the drop hitch so you could fold down the jack wheel. I tried a 5" drop hitch once before doing the tower cable extension and it was a lot of tedious work and would seem to get old very fast. I think there are a few 19' SX guys on here who have garage opening in the 80-81" range so perhaps they can chime in.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think @njmr2fan uses a drop hitch setup to roll in his SX190. Maybe he can chime in and let you know if he thinks you can get a boat windshield down to 80" or less.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I think it may clear 80 if you can get the nav light off, will be close though.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it may clear 80 if you can get the nav light off, will be close though.
Nah, been there and tried that. When you extend the tower cable stops the nav light and tower sit below the windshield. His highest point will be the top of the windshield and getting it to 80" will require something more than the lowest jack height and extending the tower cable stops. When you mod the cable stops it basically turns the boat dimensions of an AR into that of an SX model without tower because you can fit the tower inside the boat leaving the top of the windshield as the highest point which would be in the 81-82" range with the trailer jack in the lowest setting. Even if you didn't mod the tower and wanted to try to remove the nav light you're still faced with the issue of cutting the wires and making connectors so that they could fit inside the tower not to mention the tower still would be above the windshield without the tower mod.

Repsol69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So what if I had the trailer jack relocated so it was even lower??? Like have it re-welded at a lower height ? Would that get the front of the trailer low enough?? Thx.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So what if I had the trailer jack relocated so it was even lower??? Like have it re-welded at a lower height ? Would that get the front of the trailer low enough?? Thx.
If you moved the jack closer to the axle then the front of the trailer will drop lower. Here's some crude examples I quickly modeled up to help show this...

upload_2018-3-28_15-56-30.png

upload_2018-3-28_15-56-42.png

I've noticed that some bass fishing boats have their jack mounted like that. Usually it's because the swing-away tongue is long and they have nowhere else to put the jack but this mounting method will allow a trailer to drop lower. Might be worth a shot to look into. See the bass boat below and how the trailer jack is mounted on the front but to the side...

Last edited:

Repsol69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nice I see what your talking about..that may be just enough to get me in...thx

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice I see what your talking about..that may be just enough to get me in...thx
Glad to help. Here's some pics I just took that may help you out. If you were to relocate the jack I think you would need to buy an entirely different jack that is made to be standalone. The stock jack is made to fit within the bow winch frame and there are not mounting holes to use large U-bolts to relocate and clamp the jack somewhere else. Maybe some holes could be drilled in the jacks plate?

IMG_8270.JPG

At any rate here's some I lowered my jack all the way down and got this measurement...

IMG_8265.JPG

IMG_8266.JPG

Now if you move back to the side and take a measurement to the frame it's a few inches taller meaning it should get lower at least the difference of that amount if you mounted a jack there and all things being equal. Assuming you could modify the jack plate with holes or find another jack that retracts the same as the stock one then you may be able to make that work. I'm not sure what that would mean for moving the boat around though. Maybe nothing at all.

IMG_8269.JPG

IMG_8267.JPG

IMG_8268.JPG

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you moved the jack closer to the axle then the front of the trailer will drop lower. Here's some crude examples I quickly modeled up to help show this...

View attachment 70842

View attachment 70843

I've noticed that some bass fishing boats have their jack mounted like that. Usually it's because the swing-away tongue is long and they have nowhere else to put the jack. But this mounting method will allow a trailer to drop lower. Maybe be worth a shot to look into. See the bass boat below and how the trailer jack is mounted on the front but to the side...

Wow... it’s almost like you ate some kind of...kind of...engineer.