• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get your 2016+ AR192 or AR195 in a garage less than 7'

Repsol69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When u lowered the jack stand all the way down what was the measurement of the windshield from the ground??? How close to 80” Thx

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When u lowered the jack stand all the way down what was the measurement of the windshield from the ground??? How close to 80” Thx
You may be in luck. I forgot to include that my garage has a raised slab after the garage door opening which I didn't account for. With the jack almost at the lowest position (you can't roll it when it's bottom out) the top of the windshield is about 78 1/2" and to the top of the nav light with modded tower cable stops is about 79 1/2 to 80" +/- 1/4". You could make up that by deflating the tires a little if you needed to get a little more room.

IMG_8274.JPG

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the old style A frame tower not the Forward facing newer towers of the 16's and up. I realized that I didn't even have to drop the hitch and now use a TrailerValet XL to wheel it into the garage straight from the driveway. Clears by an inch.

Repsol69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You may be in luck. I forgot to include that my garage has a raised slab after the garage door opening which I didn't account for. With the jack almost at the lowest position (you can't roll it when it's bottom out) the top of the windshield is about 78 1/2" and to the top of the nav light with modded tower cable stops is about 79 1/2 to 80" +/- 1/4". You could make up that by deflating the tires a little if you needed to get a little more room.

View attachment 70863
That’s on a stock Yamaha trailer right??

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes

Britni

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried to fit an AR240 in their garage? Would this work the same? We are looking to get storage and that is $125 a month so if we could fit in our garage I would love to be saving that $$.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has anyone tried to fit an AR240 in their garage? Would this work the same? We are looking to get storage and that is $125 a month so if we could fit in our garage I would love to be saving that $$.
That would be a tough one...the height on trailer for the AR240 is advertised at 8'6" on the trailer with the tower folded down...that would entail a ton of work...in the end the $125 might look like a bargain after you figured out a way...but if there is a way to get it done someone on here will know, good luck.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That would be a tough one...the height on trailer for the AR240 is advertised at 8'6" on the trailer with the tower folded down...that would entail a ton of work...in the end the $125 might look like a bargain after you figured out a way...but if there is a way to get it done someone on here will know, good luck.
I think someone made it fit in a 8’ door.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes you can create a tower mod however you won't be able to get an AR240 in a 7' garage. 8' maybe but 7' will not work since they sit much higher on the trailer than the 19' boats due to taller freeboard.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian can we get this added to the FAQ? This mod works for any model Yamaha with similar folding tower.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Had anyone tried to squeeze a 212 Limited (I guess this would be the same as the SX 210) into a 83" door?

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Had anyone tried to squeeze a 212 Limited (I guess this would be the same as the SX 210) into a 83" door?
My 212x fits through my 8’ tall garage door by the skin of my teeth, so I’m confident it won’t fit in a 7’ opening. I removed the retention cables from my tower so it’ll drop down lower and reduce the overall height on trailer. If you search by my threads, you’ll see what I went through to make it happen.

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
im shocked the thread on the end of the cable is 1/4-20 and not metric. M6 is very close to 1/4-20. Can anyone confirm this? thanks

Last edited:

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@sixthgear I just took my '19 AR195 apart to do the mod and took the nuts to the local hardware store. It is a 1/4 - 20. Thanks to this post it saved me tons of headaches. I am putting the extensions on this week so that i still have retainers when i lower it. You guys weren't kidding about wedging yourself into those storage areas! I had my daughter help me since she could climb into the compartments use the wrench! It was amazing. This mod is a must do! I can now fit it directly into my standard garage with my normal drop 2" hitch on my RAM without doing anything else... Also it seems the '19 AR is wide enough now that the tower does not hit the window frame when you sit it on the steering wheel!

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up my 2019 AR190 today and was nervous that it would not fit in my 82.5" tall garage door. This thread helped tremendously. I had already purchased the bolts and extenders. I noticed when I looked at the washers that there was about an inch or more left of threads. I brought the bottom nut down until there was about a 1/4 inch of thread sticking out the nut and it lowered it just enough to fit perfectly.

I did not have to use the hardware to extend it nor did I remove the bimini top. To note, with the 2019 changes the tower does not reach the front of the windshield or the steering wheel when completely lowered. The tower rests on the top of the window sides towards the back. I have it stopping about an inch above the glass. Only difficult part of this was getting to the washers and making sure both cables have close to the same tension. Thanks @haknslash

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Michael-Nash I was going to write back on here after my last post. I bought extenders and bolt but could not get them to work. With the coupler on they were to long and would drop to the steering wheel. With them at the end of the stock threads the tower would not drop low enough. So for now i just tilt the steering wheel up and rest it on there. It does not hit the window frame and it just low enough to get out of the garage. I use ratchet straps to support the tower off the steering wheel that go from the tower to some eye bolts in my garage ceiling. I can then put on the deluxe premium cover. It is to bad that the oem bolts are just the exact wrong length to extend our use stock for me. I am just happy i have a solution to get it into the garage. I just got it broke in but the ohio weather has sucked the past couple weeks. Did i mention this thing is fast?! :D happy boating everyone!

Oh and the best thing ever are these: 1250 lbs. Capacity Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly

It allows me to back into the garage then move the boat all the way over in the garage! I am super happy with this setup.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Michael-Nash I was going to write back on here after my last post. I bought extenders and bolt but could not get them to work. With the coupler on they were to long and would drop to the steering wheel. With them at the end of the stock threads the tower would not drop low enough. So for now i just tilt the steering wheel up and rest it on there. It does not hit the window frame and it just low enough to get out of the garage. I use ratchet straps to support the tower off the steering wheel that go from the tower to some eye bolts in my garage ceiling. I can then put on the deluxe premium cover. It is to bad that the oem bolts are just the exact wrong length to extend our use stock for me. I am just happy i have a solution to get it into the garage. I just got it broke in but the ohio weather has sucked the past couple weeks. Did i mention this thing is fast?! :D happy boating everyone!

Oh and the best thing ever are these: 1250 lbs. Capacity Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly

It allows me to back into the garage then move the boat all the way over in the garage! I am super happy with this setup.
You could cut the factory bolts a little shorter then extend from there. Just make sure you're able to thread on a coupler after cutting the bolt.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I thought on the 2019’s they had the tower sitting lower so it would fit in a 7’ door when folded. Honestly I’m not sure why they didn’t do this from the start.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought on the 2019’s they had the tower sitting lower so it would fit in a 7’ door when folded. Honestly I’m not sure why they didn’t do this from the start.
It does. Official factory height is 83.5 but it has room to bring it down to around 82 inches.