• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to remove swimdeck cushions on 2008 SX-230...?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool. Thanks @andy07sx230ho Are there any wires back there to know about before drilling? I know the remote cable is probably somewhere back there but I plan to replace that anyway.
There are no wires behind where you are going to put your speakers. My remote wires ran low on the deck well out of the way of the speaker hole.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes you can reach the backside of the remote, unless you have Popeye arms.
Yes, agreed, you should be able to reach the remote. Suggest you wear a sweatshirt, good possibility of getting some nasty glass slivers in the crook of your arm if you reach through the saw cut holes with a bare arm.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks fellas. Might just make life a little easier. I may be tackling this later today or tomorrow.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just so you all don't think I've lost my nerve after this weekend's hole saw incident...

View attachment 22811
View attachment 22812

It is just dry fit for now. I used my 15+ year old Dremel with a new $8 attachment to cut the BIG hole for the sub. Dremel did a great job - used two bits they recommend for fiberglass cutting to complete the hole. Round & clean, quite pleased.

I left the hole a bit shy and am sneaking up on it with a hand file. Got it in for a quick eyeball, but it needs to be opened up a bit more.

Family is now in the "when is this stupid boat project going to be done?" phase. Quite a bit left to do, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Where did you buy the attachment ?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length