• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I bought a school bus!

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't over think it. Today's LED TV's pull minimal amps. Check the draw of the TV. I run two 6v golf cart batteries in my RV and run the TV all the time with no issues. I have a cheap amp hour meter hooked to my system that tells me my true voltage, not just the stupid lights that are on a normal RV voltage indicator. I know that my two golf cart batteries are, I think 100 amp hours? That is off the top of my head. If the tv is only drawing 1.5 amps, well that's a lot of viewing before you have to worry. Without a doubt the best thing I did to minimize amp hour draw on my RV was to replace all lighting with LEB bulbs. If you haven't done that do it! Makes a huge difference. You did the right thing with the two 6 volt true deep cell house batteries. One thing you have to remember is, it takes a LONG time to charge those batteries. If you let them get low, you will be running your generator for a LONG time to charge them. You also have to make sure your on board AC/DC converter is rated to charge multiple batteries. I'm sure since you are starting from scratch you researched that before you purchased your converter. I think you are doing an awesome job!
Dang Trev, I'm such an idiot. This whole post is crap. I have a DC Tv in my RV. I still think you are doing an awesome job though, that part isn't crap.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper and his wife have made some amazing cushions. Wonder if they would sew some things for you if you had a pattern?!!!?!?!
Thanks, but she is booked thru the Summer. She has a sailboat to finish.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Long shot, but does anyone know anyone that is handy with a sewing machine around the Charlotte, NC area?

I ordered the foam for the couch. Not looking for any fancy design, just a basic cushion cover.

Thanks!
I have a Singer, I'm OK with it, mainly repairing things. Sounds like if you have the cushion foam, you need a pattern or some measurements for the cushion cover.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah nothing fancy, no patterns. Just need the wife to find the fabric she wants and have it sewn.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You just need an inverter that will switch when it senses shorepower or generator is running. We have a 10 c.f. residential fridge that we put in when our 8 c.f. rv fridge bit the dust. It fits in the same hole! Put in an inverter that is hooked to one standard deep cycle rv/boat battery. It's really only meant to run the fridge as we're going down the road and plugged into the truck. We don't boondock. If we did I'd add a second battery and probably a solar panel. I could get you the model of our inverter if it would help you. When you mentioned wanting to watch tv off of battery while traveling it got my attention. The plug that our tv is plugged into is powered on when our inverter is turned on. Don't know how. My rv mechanic that hooked everything up was surprised too. It was a bonus I guess. We really could boondock I guess. I got a fridge and a tv, other then a/c what else would I need.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking great!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the first trip is officially in the books! Hooked up the boat and headed west about 2.5 hours to our favorite lake. The bus isn’t 100% done, but everything is in 100% working order. All the lights, plumbing, shower, tv, gas range, everything is complete from that perspective. Just have some trim to do, build a few cabinets, paint. Lipstick stuff. I’ll get it done but I was more than ready to spend a weekend in this thing. It drove like a CHAMP! Can’t even tell the boat is back there. Even got to see fellow member @Brandon_SC out there. It was awesome meeting him and his family. Look forward to seeing you guys out there again!

All in all, this weekend was a 10 out of 10 for me. The amount of work I’ve put in this thing is hard for me to even comprehend, but talk about rewarding seeing the vision become a reality! My first and last bus for sure, but I’m a damn proud dad. Haha
B5862E4E-D2C5-41D2-983F-4E604A93F590.jpeg
EEE5A85C-ADCB-404D-8256-910CB71C2D20.jpeg
46199BEF-C5FD-4B66-B289-6A34421DF9B2.jpegE43C19EC-EAB5-4800-BCF1-6FC164EAF832.jpeg2077E241-F4DD-49F7-801B-72FBF669807C.jpegB7DE1548-1465-4612-AD2D-4B36F23C5D9A.jpeg6246DCBD-2C38-49EB-B31A-C0233A72DFA4.jpeg0F27C7D2-5EF0-4C16-BDB0-1D0E8B27A887.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looking good! Do you level the bus out at the campsite with jacks? Also, do you use the flashing lights when launching/recovering the boat?! I would for sure! :D

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, do you use the flashing lights when launching/recovering the boat?! I would for sure!
That would be awesome to do that. Would love it.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking good! Do you level the bus out at the campsite with jacks? Also, do you use the flashing lights when launching/recovering the boat?! I would for sure! :D
Hahah, I did keep the flasher in working order so maybe next time. Backing down the boat for the first time I didn’t want too much attention but who was I kidding, everyone was watching. I had to correct my angle once so I’ll take that.

For leveling, I just brought some left over LVL’s but I don’t like that for the long term. If anyone has some ideas on a better solution, I’m all ears! I worry about those plastic blocks and the weight.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hahah, I did keep the flasher in working order so maybe next time. Backing down the boat for the first time I didn’t want too much attention but who was I kidding, everyone was watching. I had to correct my angle once so I’ll take that.

For leveling, I just brought some left over LVL’s but I don’t like that for the long term. If anyone has some ideas on a better solution, I’m all ears! I worry about those plastic blocks and the weight.
Do you have enough room on the underside for some electric jacks?

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have enough room on the underside for some electric jacks?

Hahaha! I should have been a tad more clear… Anyone have a cheap solution!? In all seriousness, that would be the end goal for me. I’d love to just push a button and I think they’re is plenty of access and room for just this. But I can’t really pull the trigger on it yet.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hahaha! I should have been a tad more clear… Anyone have a cheap solution!? In all seriousness, that would be the end goal for me. I’d love to just push a button and I think they’re is plenty of access and room for just this. But I can’t really pull the trigger on it yet.
Weld some spots for your typical scissor jack to sit under all four corners and use a 20v portable impact wrench to raise/lower. :)

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did it behave at the ramp? How far out where your wheels from the water?

Must have been quite an awesome sight! Congratulations!!!!