• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I don’t usually brag about going to expensive places, but

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2360.00 prep fee is robbery.
I agree but this is the fee they charge regardless of the sales price of the pwc. I went to a nearby competitor and their fee was about the same. Here are some pics from the dealer I did NOT buy from. It’s always easy to complain about the cost but if I wanted a thorough bred, and I did, this is the cost, take it or leave it is their attitude, at least in the current pandemic / low supply - high demand environment. If I didn’t buy it someone else would have, I’m sure I his is why deposits are 100% refundable.
26E324A3-B7E2-4B37-98D1-377E788EBF32.jpeg093ADC36-2AF4-4A84-B654-0430DAB688E3.jpeg

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just spent $100 on Nespresso pods. Thats what happens when you mix Amazon and heavy pain meds.. lol.. Wife was mad, but then happy she will have Nespressos for a while.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree but this is the fee they charge regardless of the sales price of the pwc. I went to a nearby competitor and their fee was about the same. Here are some pics from the dealer I did NOT buy from. It’s always easy to complain about the cost but if I wanted a thorough bred, and I did, this is the cost, take it or leave it is their attitude, at least in the current pandemic / low supply - high demand environment. If I didn’t buy it someone else would have, I’m sure I his is why deposits are 100% refundable.
View attachment 148185View attachment 148186
At least they were transparent in saying they are marking it up and not hiding it by calling it prep.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Feed store... $7.50 for a bale of hay.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Feed store... $7.50 for a bale of hay.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Tolls 😂

And - I trailer through those tolls, too, lololol (yes, I'm f@cked).

Now - Beat That!

--

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve got you all beat, I’m Canadian. You should see my tax bill.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What does gas cost in Canada these days? Is it sold by the gallon?

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What does gas cost in Canada these days? Is it sold by the gallon?
$1.26/liter this AM or $4.76/gallon. At the marina, I expect to pay about $6.60/gallon all summer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$1.26/liter this AM or $4.76/gallon. At the marina, I expect to pay about $6.60/gallon all summer.
I yay yay!!! Like Hawaii prices during the pro bowl.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not making this up. It just happened.

This is the exact text from Kate (my dear wife) sent this morning:
"Holy shit. I just sent a wire transfer to pay off the boat. 93,884.51 was the payout."

Translation: after paying the leftover balance on the new pilothouse so the bank doesn't get extra 40k or so over next few years in a form of un-deductible loan interests, we are officially broke and officially living paycheck to paycheck!!! :cool::cool::cool:

She's probably shredded my credit card and changed my amazon password, lololol.
I'm clearly using laughter as a defense mechanism here, lol.

Okay - Do I win???? @Ronnie - can you beat that? :D I think I definitely have you all beat! unless we hear from @veedubtek... and some newest adventure of his (- but that's different! lol)

--

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski , for the record this isn’t a competition for me. If it was I would not want to win.
no kidding. I have never even seen $93,000.

@swatski I dont know what you do for a living, but I have a post graduate degree and I am willing to relocate so I can do whatever the hell it is that you do. lol

But congrats on the payoff. I am sure you have all worked hard for it.

Last edited:

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

"Holy shit. I just sent a wire transfer to pay off the boat. 93,884.51 was the payout."

Translation: after paying the leftover balance on the new pilothouse so the bank doesn't get extra 40k or so over next few years in a form of un-deductible loan interests, we are officially broke and officially living paycheck to paycheck!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Okay - Do I win???? @Ronnie - can you beat that? :D I think I definitely have you all beat! unless we hear from @veedubtek... and some newest adventure of his (- but that's different! lol)

--
wow. That's a bummer. ...But Congratulations! A clear title always feels better.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

--
That's the only way to live man, keeps you on edge😂😂

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just married off two daughters in the last 6 months! Last check cleared today but no @swatski it didn’t match the boat pay off! Better start saving or ask your girls to elope! I didn’t gain another boat but did gain two son in laws - one of which can back the trailer! Not saying which SIL is my favorite!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Once upon a time, seemingly a lifetime ago, I paid off my $99k student loan debt 22 years early with a $121k balloon payment after paying $1k a month for six years. Short story, when you forebear and defer for two years, the interest you don’t pay capitalizes (is added to the principle owed, essentially you start paying interest in the interest). Law school for three years is the most expensive place I’ve ever been to.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski , for the record this isn’t a competition for me. If it was I would not want to win.
I was not seriously thinking that it was!

It was just a funny coincidence, as I was looking over your jetski bills I got a text with my own, lol.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just married off two daughters in the last 6 months! Last check cleared today but no @swatski it didn’t match the boat pay off! Better start saving or ask your girls to elope! I didn’t gain another boat but did gain two son in laws - one of which can back the trailer! Not saying which SIL is my favorite!
Well, congratulations!

I'm bracing myself. We have three teenage daughters. I'm pretty sure by the time we are done, between college and weddings, I'm going to retire on my social security checks, lol.

--