• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I don’t usually brag about going to expensive places, but

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just thinking about how much it is going to cost to bring the boat back from storage, let alone the boat gas...

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is a pic of what I paid for gas on the water in Sacramento last weekend. This is what it cost to ride waverunners 50 miles to eat lunch ($60 tacos no alcohol)on the water. It costs just as much/used just as much gas to get back. I’ve been putting super unleaded in so far but this place gave me two options, gas or diesel.

View attachment 147701
OUCH!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a pic I took today after filling up on super unleaded at the cheap gas station (no bs, it was almost $1 more per gallon at chevron actors the parking lot, not even across the street. I bet I’m the Winner/loser on this. Surprisingly gas at the marina was less than expensive than what I paid.

For clarification: the pic reads $89.94 for 16.505 gallons, so 5.449 per gallon and the ride isn’t over yet, more like just starting. Going to have to increase your this year’s water fun budget big time. 032C0053-2A41-41B3-BB9F-36FBC34B5D30.jpeg

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is a pic I took today after filling up on super unleaded at the cheap gas station (no bs, it was almost $1 more per gallon at chevron actors the parking lot, not even across the street. I bet I’m the Winner/loser on this. Surprisingly gas at the marina was less than expensive than what I paid.

For clarification: the pic reads $89.94 for 16.505 gallons, so 5.449 per gallon and the ride isn’t over yet, more like just starting. Going to have to increase your this year’s water fun budget big time. View attachment 172755
Expect it to go higher this year, until policy change for US oil and gas producers…… maybe after November?…..

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Expect it to go higher this year, until policy change for US oil and gas producers…… maybe after November?…..
Anything that might change in November won't take effect until January which also delays the actual effect to us to more like March 2023... Gas bill on the houseboat is going to drive the whole cost of a Lake Powell trip this year. $7/gallon x ~400-600 gallons = $4200... ouch

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anything that might change in November won't take effect until January which also delays the actual effect to us to more like March 2023... Gas bill on the houseboat is going to drive the whole cost of a Lake Powell trip this year. $7/gallon x ~400-600 gallons = $4200... ouch
We need a sphincter tightening emoji / Symbol for posts like this. Bummer or thumbs down is not even close, combined.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, I had no idea you could go through that much fuel on a single trip in a houseboat.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, I had no idea you could go through that much fuel on a single trip in a houseboat.
Yep the houseboat drinks, it holds ~750 gallons. Powell is also a different animal, the lake is massive and we like to travel ~60 miles up to places like Reflection Canyon, The San Juan River, Escalante River, (typical is ~25-30 miles to places like Last Chance) so that's about 8 hours each way of running the house boat. The generator has to be ran at least 8 hours a day to keep the inverter batteries charged, normally we run it for about 10 hours. Then there is the toys, 3 jet skis, 2 ski boats, with about 12-16 people who all want to ride, wakeboard, surf, fish, adds up to a lot of fuel on a 9 day trip. The boats and skis usually see 2x to 3x amount of hours per day compared to a typical river/Lake Mohave trip. It all adds up.