• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I want to go to Bimini 2017

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's exactly where I was thinking would probably be the best place for it to go. My big concern was it blocking the gauges or The Connext system
A 5" screen won't block the view. I should have mentioned that my Ram mount base is actually screwed into the fiberglass, not a suction cup, so it stays in place when the plotter is removed. It's really not noticeable because it's all hidden in the cavity.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea that sounds like the ingredients for a really bad night. Any suggestions on a mounting location on a 2016 Yamaha 24 footer
This is where I located mine & it worked great. I'm 6'3" so I never look thru the windshield anyway . 20161029_162706.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is where I located mine & it worked great. I'm 6'3" so I never look thru the windshield anyway . View attachment 49012
Mine is Ram mounted on the top right of the dash. I am 4" shorter than Alan but it still does not get in the way. I drive standing up much of the time and especially in rough water or at night. I often rotate the plotter so that I am looking down at the display through the glass.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you just run the power wires up through the dash?
To my knowledge, they drilled 3 holes with the center one being for the wires. The mount covers all the holes & gives a clean look. It's a Garmin EchoMap 74dv. I always heard there was no replacement for displacement! lol

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm doing this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZ45VF4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
and my iPhone 6S Navionics app (USA), at least for now.

Navionics is crazy good. I've played with it in the big river (Mississippi, Pool 26) for a couple of weeks now and so far I can not say a bad thing about it. Other than it accesses the location services even when it's off, but that is a different conversation.

I confirmed the locations of a couple of submerged rocks dams and L-dikes in the river - spot on. Impressive.

--

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use Navionics app on my I6,on the IL River with good results. My friends used it on a trip up to Chicago and out onto Lake Michigan.

I have played around with it in the Bahamas from living room. Looking up wrecks and sand bars.

fromrio

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where are you in Fairfax? We are interested in the Bimini Fling 2017 too. Live in Fairfax Station closed to Chapel Rd & 123.
I live down the street from you off Gallows Rd. Intersection of Woodburn Drive & Hayden Lane behind Fairfax Hospital

fromrio

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Myself, and a few jet boaters I met last year, plan to stay ten days 2017. So far, I think we have a total of three boats. Having a flexible schedule is key. If the surf report is bad on day 10, guess we will stay till conditions are better. Anyone interested in extended stay, you are more than welcome to join us. I figure, if you are going to spend the time to tow down and cross, you might as well pretend you are staying forever. Looking forward to the trip. Last year was my first trip. I got to meet a bunch of awesome, funny, friendly, kind, and amazing people. Not one bad story or experience in 2016.
You can count me in, I want to stay as long as I can.

fromrio

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm on the Potomac quite often.
That and Lake Anna.
In fact, did a day on each last Dec :).

Where are you?
I like to go to Lake Anna in early Spring because to enjoy the warm water but I spend most of my weekends at the Potomac between Tim's II at Fairview Beach and Sequoia at Washington Harbour.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't let your feet hang off the swim platform while your hanging around the marina ;)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No swimming in there i would guess
I've never seen anyone swimming inside the marina, but it's a shark free marina so it would be rare to see that. I'm sure they wouldn't want you feeding sharks.

Last edited:

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it will drive me crazy covering tje connetx that much. look good. How to you like the lowrance
The lowrance works great Touch screen is a must, and it looks like it blocks the connext in the picture but I have it adjusted so it doesn't block any of it