• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I want to go to Bimini 2017

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
There are some pretty large boats that slip at Bimini Sands and use power for their AC.
I am sure they can handle it...
:winkingthumbsup"

Justin Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That might impact people that have kids in school but otherwise would probably work.

The reason the trip has been typically planned for June or July is that the Bimini Tourism group only does their guided tour in June and July, so we figured if that was a good time for them to take groups across then it would be a good time for us too.
I have two boats ready to go last week of May or 1st or 2nd week of June. Working on putting together a flotilla. From either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami to bimini. Taking our boys for senior trip so we are going no matter what. Looking to leave on Saturday there and Friday back to give us an extra day or two flexibility.

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The GS 249 has 120/240 plug.

@tim h love your profile picture which brings back good memory of my 1994 Trophy Caddy. She is the best... maybe because she is my first...;)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The GS 249 has 120/240 plug.
The shore power receptacles do not come with cords. You will have to bring the appropriate cord to connect your boat.

Ismael hernandez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you need to own a jet boat for this trip? Or does a center console work for you guys?

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you need to own a jet boat for this trip? Or does a center console work for you guys?
Yes, this group is greatest boater group ever. I will take my CC too

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Justin Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All boat lives matter!!! The more the merrier!!

Justin Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2016 red 242 Limited S E-series

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to go to Bimini in 2017, I vote we move the trip up to the Last couple of weeks in May..

Any input?
I'm just thinking that it might be a good idea to edit the original post for this thread to mention that the official thread that the group crossing is being planned on is:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboaters-net-bimini-fling-july-10th-to-15th-2017.11966/
I'd hate for someone to be waiting for an update on this thread when the other thread is the one that they should be watching. Just a thought @kthrash @Bruce

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Changed the Title.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Well @Bruce if it's not Bimini 2018, then maybe it will be Exumas 2018 or Cuba 2018...ha ha ha! That just means I'll have to do more local traveling with the members and maybe put a group together from Hammond Indiana to Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin or something cool like that!
I am in for Cuba in 2018. HOOAH! Let's roll!!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Wow @Ramblin Wreck those guys were def on a leisurely stroll kind of pace that would have drove me insane.
Probably fairly accurate of what needs to be expected? That's why I recommend to anyone interested in riding a jet ski to Bimini to do some open ocean riding, ride standing up for long periods of time and get used to the pounding! I guess I have not been as unfortunate? I have crossed on jet ski several times from a record of 1hr & 40 minutes to a torturous nearly 7 hrs in a variety of seas conditions from fairly good to insane, but have never seen those beautiful glassy seas conditions of some of those Utube vids.

Lakeboy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
moose can you help me we need a forum for boat dock at belamare I have my comf number
Thanksgivings

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Lakeboy, have you reserved a condo at Bimini Sands? If so what unit are you in? That is how I keep track of who is going.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably fairly accurate of what needs to be expected? That's why I recommend to anyone interested in riding a jet ski to Bimini to do some open ocean riding, ride standing up for long periods of time and get used to the pounding! I guess I have not been as unfortunate? I have crossed on jet ski several times from a record of 1hr & 40 minutes to a torturous nearly 7 hrs in a variety of seas conditions from fairly good to insane, but have never seen those beautiful glassy seas conditions of some of those Utube vids.
I agree I was thinking that the other day that I would love to just once see those nice calm laid down seas for a crossing.

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are planning to make the run to the Exumas July 2018!

Love the forum. Lots of good ideas from some great people.