• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Illinois limits boats to 2 POB

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s crazy! A family can live at home together but can’t be on the boat together? This is BS. A better rule would be all boat occupants need to prove they live in the same household.
That’s what NC is doing.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That’s what NC is doing.
Frankly, I would not comply if I had my family on my boat. If I get ticketed in a situation like this, I would take it to court and would guarantee with some logic, one would prevail. Because this is really is non-sense and should not hold up in court. My guess, the logic would prevail at the DNR level once stopped and everyone would go on their merry way.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Unfortunately we may see a lot of litigation involved in some of these orders.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody going out to test this 2 person rule this weekend? I’m really struggling with “trying to do as instructed” vs saying “heck with it, let’s go get the boat”.

I actually emailed our local Lake Supt. We have a city owned lake, so not governed by the state. He says the city is recommending that the state guidelines be followed. But, in the same paragraph said that the city has opened up the leased camping lots around the lake with no more than 10 people and social distancing guidelines in place. Some of those lots are water access only and he says he doesn’t expect folks to ferry 1 person at a time to the campsite. The email was wordy, with no direct information. I think it implied, take your family out, don’t do anything dumb or I’ll tell you to knock it off. But, it sure as heck didn’t actually say that.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think the whole order is in flux given State rep Darren Bailey’s lawsuit where a judge agreed this order “shredded the constitution” which triggered several more lawsuits, etc.
I too have always followed the rules but intend to go out with my daughters and Son in laws mid May and again Memorial weekend with the intent of fighting (legally not physically) any tickets or issues that may arise. Lake Springfield is patrolled by the power company that owns and operates the lake, city police and DNR, so that means three points of view on enforcement I am expecting minimal enforcement- but that’s not how I would like to be relaxing. I really hope they relax the order by then. We keep thinking of buying a place in the Ozarks - this may be the catalyst to make us do that!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think the whole order is in flux given State rep Darren Bailey’s lawsuit where a judge agreed this order “shredded the constitution” which triggered several more lawsuits, etc.
I too have always followed the rules but intend to go out with my daughters and Son in laws mid May and again Memorial weekend with the intent of fighting (legally not physically) any tickets or issues that may arise. Lake Springfield is patrolled by the power company that owns and operates the lake, city police and DNR, so that means three points of view on enforcement I am expecting minimal enforcement- but that’s not how I would like to be relaxing. I really hope they relax the order by then. We keep thinking of buying a place in the Ozarks - this may be the catalyst to make us do that!
I agree. I can’t imagine anyone is actually going to enforce it, unless you’re obviously flaunting your situation. Rafted up, drinking too much, or causing other trouble to draw their attention.

I filled out a form on the Table Rock Lake chamber of commerce site last week. I was just looking to have their flyer mailed to me. But, I checked a box that said it was ok to share my info with partners. So far, I’ve talked to one realtor, received emails from 2-3 others and have received emails from maybe 20 resorts.

I’m really not in a place to think about relocating, but man an investment rental condo that I could use 2-3 weeks out of the year and earn a little income the rest of the year is starting to appeal more and more to me. Lol.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You and I are close enough to WI we don’t necessarily have to worry with it. Hell, I refuse to even shop in the state. Yesterday I needed some stuff from Menards...I drove to Janesville. I’m voting with my $$$ and REFUSE to pay this state any more than I have to. I even asked the WI dealer I bought my truck from if there was a way to avoid the IL tax lol. No such luck unless I registered it at my folks lake cabin in WI. The Covid thing has pushed my move back a few months but I’m still hoping to spend the 2021 new year in TN.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guys, go out and enjoy yourselves and family. All those rules have not been thought thru aim to do one thing and one thing only. Protect you and other people From spread of COVID. The Q I would ask the DNR or a judge if I had to be in this situation: please explain to me how I endengared myself, my family or others with respect to COVID when I went boating with my entire family who lives with me in the same household? Watch them fumble!

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to Missouri LoL

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went out yesterday, family of 4 and were never bothered. Not many people out, never seen DNR. Unless your partying it up with a large group, I wouldn’t worry

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live in Missouri. I boat in Missouri and Illinois. I plan on taking my family of 4 out on our boat in Illinois. From what I remember reading, they are not going to write tickets or arrest any body.... so screw them 🖕
Same here. I can boat with family on the Mississippi but not travel up the Illinois river. This makes no sense.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We boated the Mississippi river pool 26 this weekend. We never saw any patrol boats. There were some boats that were completely loaded down with people.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was expecting the marina to be packed but it wasn’t. Kinda surprising. We boated the Rock river between Sterling & Dixon. Mostly fishing boats, couple of pontoons and one lonely Yamaha out there. Still a great day

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If it was a blue 212X it was @Brian eilrich
He was taunting me yesterday with pictures of his family on the Rock. I may go there next weekend as the Fox is closed due to flooding.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If it was a blue 212X it was @Brian eilrich
He was taunting me yesterday with pictures of his family on the Rock. I may go there next weekend as the Fox is closed due to flooding.
Join the dark side and head up to WI. No capacity rules on boats, and best of all you don’t have to wear a MASK IN A STORE YOU’VE BEEN SHOPPING IN FOR 2 MONTHS WITHOUT ONE. Sorry guys that got away from me lol.

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We boated the Mississippi river pool 26 this weekend. We never saw any patrol boats. There were some boats that were completely loaded down with people.
We beached on enterprise island. Let’s just say most did not social distance.

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kind of off topic, but since most of you are Illinois residents; where did you buy your boat?

My nearest Yamaha dealers are Chicago, St. Charles, and Indy. I'm in the middle of all of them. Do you have any suggestions or individuals that were great?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Kind of off topic, but since most of you are Illinois residents; where did you buy your boat?

My nearest Yamaha dealers are Chicago, St. Charles, and Indy. I'm in the middle of all of them. Do you have any suggestions or individuals that were great?
Nielsons powersports supports our shelbyville gathering and is on the northwest side of Chicago

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I bought at Team Winnebagoland in Oshkosh WI. Nielsen’s had no interest in getting me a 210 FSH so I went where they had one. Glad I did those guys are extremely helpful.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We bought from Nielsons. The experience was mediocre-several errors on the paperwork and no follow through on some issues which delayed our registration. When we tried to schedule the 10 hour service they told us they were too busy and to come in another 6 weeks - not impressed