• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller Bearings Trashed ...lots of rebuild Pics pg 6

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got these from Precision Marine Tools: http://www.precisionmarinetools.com/ They are $85 bucks a piece...a great deal but the spacers needed for the screws don't match my current spacers. This is probably a design change from Yamaha since these are remanufactured with the plastic ring...I just need to find the right spacers. I'll let you know where I find them...I may just end up having my father enlarge the holes in the housing by 7 thousandths of an inch...it really is a tiny difference.
What has your experience been with these housings? Have you needed to replace the wear rings?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is sitting on my work bench. Looking forward to trying it out if I ever get time.

Johnny16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just want to say thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. Great information for a new guy like myself. It will make my bearing and impeller replacement this weekend much easier and less intimidating.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Johnny16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Johnny16 glad to have you on board, be sure to check out the FAQ tab at the top of the page for lots of great DIY tips and this link for MR1 issues
https://jetboaters.net/threads/known-issues-for-boat-years-2003-2009-with-mr1-engines.15464/

Thanks for the link Scott. I've actually been lurking on the site for the last couple of weeks and I have poked my nose in there a couple of times. Great info on this site with lots of people willing to help you out is the main reason I decided to join. So thank you guys once again.

Johnny16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great thread Bruce. You've got me thinking about switching out to oil. My initial intention was to try the the marine liquid pump grease from island racing but I emailed them last week with my order and I still haven't heard anything back from them. Does anyone know if there still in business? My new impeller, housing, and bearing replacement kit are supposed to show up tomorrow so I'm thinking the oil option is the way I'm going to go.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Johnny16 @ISLANDRACING certainly is still in business.

I like the oil. It makes it easy to change all the lubricant.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great thread Bruce. You've got me thinking about switching out to oil. My initial intention was to try the the marine liquid pump grease from island racing but I emailed them last week with my order and I still haven't heard anything back from them. Does anyone know if there still in business? My new impeller, housing, and bearing replacement kit are supposed to show up tomorrow so I'm thinking the oil option is the way I'm going to go.
I'd wait on the pump grease. It's awesome stuff and worth the wait. I used it in my 230, it's in my 240 and it's in both of my waverunners. My 08 SHO I've changed twice and the second time with the IR pump grease already in it was totally not necessary. The IR pump grease really clings/coats the bearings. Far better than the OEM stuff ever did.

Johnny16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd wait on the pump grease. It's awesome stuff and worth the wait. I used it in my 230, it's in my 240 and it's in both of my waverunners. My 08 SHO I've changed twice and the second time with the IR pump grease already in it was totally not necessary. The IR pump grease really clings/coats the bearings. Far better than the OEM stuff ever did.
I would like to use the pump grease but I have not been able to get a response from island racing. I have emailed them on there website and sent a PM' to the guy on this site with no resplies I can't use it if I can't buy it .

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to use the pump grease but I have not been able to get a response from island racing. I have emailed them on there website and sent a PM' to the guy on this site with no resplies I can't use it if I can't buy it .
Ah. So I'm assuming you haven't placed the order then? You probably won't get a response if you're just asking a question. Use their FORUM if you just have a question. They have a very inefficient - for the customer - way of ordering. When you click the word "ORDER" to place an order it takes you too an email. You've got to fill in the info they're requesting, personal and merchandise, and once that's done you send the email making sure you cc yourself. You've just placed your order. You don't get a confirmation either unless that's recently changed. I had someone explain their process to me years ago in order to feel confident. A lot of people, to include me, are wary of sending all that info over an email instead of a secure socket layer. Anyways, it's a great product and they ship quick.

ISLANDRACING

Jet Boat Addict
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks Guys! Im glad you like the product. Yes Ill admit our online ordering definately needs improving and updating and I do apologize for any inconvenience, but it has been working for 20 years ( without 1 "security" incedent if I may add ) so for now I just have to stick with it. I'm constantly adding new products from maintenance to performance to asccessories and even down to the trailer for every model available. That in itself is a never ending task, on top of the daily routine here at the marina.

Johnny16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Guys! Im glad you like the product. Yes Ill admit our online ordering definately needs improving and updating and I do apologize for any inconvenience, but it has been working for 20 years ( without 1 "security" incedent if I may add ) so for now I just have to stick with it. I'm constantly adding new products from maintenance to performance to asccessories and even down to the trailer for every model available. That in itself is a never ending task, on top of the daily routine here at the marina.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received all parts ordered from island racing. There system is a little different than most but I did receive quality products and I'm happy with my purchase.