• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

installing a Lowarence Elite 5 on a FSH

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Bernd you are right about 5200!, I had to replace the unit under warranty and it was not easy to remove.
I learned that applying Acetone and letting it sit for a few minutes and cutting it with a razor blade works, but still a pain.
I upgraded the unit to a hook 7.

Bernd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you got it out. Had the 5Ti but found it a bit small. The 7" will be much easier to see. Hope you stayed away from the 5200. Great product if you don't want to remove things. LOL

Edmarcha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Folks Question can do a thru hull install for triple shot transducer?
Thanks

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
WoW...what an Excellent documented article you have posted here. Very well pieced step by step along with FAQs answered with full member participation.
You give each their own sense of “i can do that” feeling with whichever model unit they choose.
Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Come On Black Friday, Come On Cyber Monday...
Now I’m looking towards a Lowrance 7 Hook with this in hull transducer...
Xsonic Airmar P79 Depth Transducer.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I never tried the ziplock bag method, I just picked a good flat area in the back of the boat away from the jet, and it has worked for 6 years without any concerns. I only loose depth when I come to a quick stop or go in reverse.
I have replaced the GPS unit 3 times in the last 6 years, but not the transducer.

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I never tried the ziplock bag method, I just picked a good flat area in the back of the boat away from the jet, and it has worked for 6 years without any concerns. I only loose depth when I come to a quick stop or go in reverse.
I have replaced the GPS unit 3 times in the last 6 years, but not the transducer.
Thank you, My 2022 210 FSH Deluxe just arrived at my dealer , I asked about adding a Lowrance Elite 9 FS flush mount installed - $1450.00 but they only offer the transom mount ( sorry but I’m leery of putting holes in a new boat ) This post gives me confidence to do it my self.
I got the deluxe because I have. Canopied boat lift that barely fits my neighbors Carolina Skiff 218 DLX center console

Attachments