• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intermediate bearings

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bucks448 If I can find a completed unit it may be worth the extra money not to have to fuss with removing and installing bearings.
Got your ears on @ISLANDRACING ?
Do you sell the complete assembly for a 2005 sx230?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with the assembled version and I bought this from Island racing. This was for an LS2000

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with the assembled version and I bought this from Island racing. This was for an LS2000
Good to know there is a plug & play solution out there. Thanks for the heads up @4x15mph.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf now I am paranoid that it might have problems with my intermediates... They were greased at the last oil change but as we all know they were submerged in salt water for 30 to 40 minutes and not rinsed down for another 24. I greased them again today and ran the engines... Engines mostly sound normal but I can hear a @Murf'n'surf induced screech... Should I be really concerned about them being submerged... from the engine compartment side?

And... in the 230's... does it require an engine removal?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's not much you can do. Just rinse them down and shoot some grease in. Time will tell I guess but mine are really loud..... Like marbles in a beer can.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh... the motors need to be un-mounted and moved forward a couple inches to remove the intermediate.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha... I hear what I call the normal "dieseling" or "pinging" sound that I have always heard in the boat and in the waverunner from the mr-1's since they were new... It is just hard to tell if there is a new sound. You know the sound I am talking about? Very noticeable over that?

And... If it comes to it I am all in on helping you replace 'em.

Ed

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know the sound you speak of. As for my noise....he'll yeah you hear it. In fact that's all I hear. It's pretty scary actually.

Thanks for the helping hand! I need a couple months of chiropractor visits before I'll be in condition for this and my scupper!

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whenever you're ready let me know... I also have access to a 21 year old son that goes about 130 and is mechanically inclined. He can fit into just about any sized compartment. ;)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Murf, I would take a Sharpie and outline where the mounts are right now so you can get them back in same position. As you slide those motors forward watch for the shims under the motor mounts. You don't want those all falling out and then scratch your head wondering which one went where.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Murf, I would take a Sharpie and outline where the mounts are right now so you can get them back in same position. As you slide those motors forward watch for the shims under the motor mounts. You don't want those all falling out and then scratch your head wondering which one went where.
@buckbuck. Just curious. Do you only have to slide the motor forward to remove/replace the bearing housing? If so, can you wrap some duct tape horizontally around the motor mounts to keep the shims in place or would they still slide out?

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@buckbuck Great advice. Thank you.
Don't un-bolt the actual mounts from the boat. Un-bolt the engine from the mounts, only one bolt per mount and you won't have to keep track of the shims.

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure if the MR1 is the same as the 1.8, but on that and the 2 strokes, the shims are between the engine and the mount, so you have to keep track of where they are. On the 1.8, it looks like you could unbolt the mount from the boat and slide the engine.

Also, you have to pull the pump, or you probably won't be able to slide the engine far enough forward to pull the housing; not sure if that's been mentioned.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure if the MR1 is the same as the 1.8, but on that and the 2 strokes, the shims are between the engine and the mount, so you have to keep track of where they are. On the 1.8, it looks like you could unbolt the mount from the boat and slide the engine.

Also, you have to pull the pump, or you probably won't be able to slide the engine far enough forward to pull the housing; not sure if that's been mentioned.
The MR1, the shims are between the mount and the boat. I didn't pull the pump to remove my intermediate housing when I did my alternator. It's super easy.

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cybuch The shims are between the mount and the motor on the MR1 also, part number 32 - https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/parts-catalog/parts/boats#/Yamaha/AR230_-_SRT1000BD_-_2005/CRANKCASE

Isn't the alternator (stator) on the front of the engine, not sure we're talking about the same thing? The intermediate bearing housing is at the back of the engine connected to the transom. The pump shaft runs through it, so you either have to pull the pump, or the engine to remove the housing.
I added an alternator to my boat. Used the intermediate shaft to drive it via a pulley. Yes, just the 4 bolts and the exhaust if needed. I didn't have to un-bolt the exhaust. Just the 4 motor mounts and slid it forward and pulled the intermediate shaft.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Guys, be careful with your instructions. @cybuch is in an '05 and the '07-'09 MR-1 engine may mount differently as the body style changed between '06 and '07.