• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's ski season

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I put the snow boards up for the last time this season and am happy to report that although we didn't get out as much as I would have liked in this "best rainy season California has had in 122 years" we had a great time and even visited a new to us resort for the first and possibly last time, Mammoth. All the resort stickers on my board reflect where my son and I have boarded over the last 5 or 6 years. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just sharing my son's key thoughts on skiing for the first and only time in his life.

1. Skiing is cool.
2. Like having less strain on the ankles while on the lifts.
3. Lift the inside ski a little in turns.
4. Skiing is an arm work out.

I haven't been on skis in over 20 years, I'm never going back to it. Too much work as I recall.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think next weekend is our last day of skiing. After that the hill closes due to lack of interest. Still lots of snow, just not enough skiers once the golf courses open. Cam.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just sharing my son's key thoughts on skiing for the first and only time in his life.

1. Skiing is cool.
2. Like having less strain on the ankles while on the lifts.
3. Lift the inside ski a little in turns.
4. Skiing is an arm work out.

I haven't been on skis in over 20 years, I'm never going back to it. Too much work as I recall.
Have you tried "shaped" skis? Could seriously change your outlook! I remember the days before those came out.

--

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you tried "shaped" skis? Could seriously change your outlook! I remember the day before those came out.
+1 on that thought, shaped skis changed skiing forever, can't even imagine going back to long straight as arrow skis.

Or to add to that, how about shaped powder skis!? For days with 5+ inches of fresh powder, it's totally different skiing when you have 100+ mm under foot. I threw on a pair of Rossi Soul 7 HDs for a powder day and was amazed how different skiing was (for the better) in the new snow.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Picked these up (2 x double chairs) today to make it feel like the ski season all year round at home!

20170418_134215.jpg

Please don't bother me if you see me sitting on the chair with my googles and helmet on in July...I'll be OK. :cool:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just got off the boat a couple hours ago. What did we do ? The kids asked what are we doing for spring break this year. We had some friends that want us to cruise for spring break. I looked at the prices, I was like wow 5400 for 5 people plus extras. Well 2 hours later, we booked a condo at crested butte. I haven't been to crusty butt in years, but last time I did it was one of those epic trips.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screenshot_20170924-204003.pngnew boots for the middle child. She's 12 and and is growing like a weed. She's already 5'6" and 12. Stop growing please. She is already 2 " taller than the 18 yo old which pissed her off.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been feeling an itch over the last couple of seasons...I will be scratching it soon. Its time to update from my skinny skies to the newer shaped skies. In 1985 I picked these off the racks at the Rossignol factory when they still made skis in Vermont. They replaced my, broken, new ST comps, broke one at the tip in the moguls, with a new pair of CMV comps. These had been great skis since new, but now a bit outdated. They do draw comments while waiting in line. I used to be mostly a glades and mogul skier, helicopters, daffys, etc, no upside down stuff. Looking for a good ski in the bumps, rugged but not stiff. I will probably demo before I buy. I want to keep my Raichle RX 770's they still fit great and I love the rear entry. I also like my Look bindings, they rarely release when they are not supposed to, but do before anything important breaks. I know old equipment, but I do not ski like I did 30 years ago. Also looking for a pair of poles to replace my Reflex limelights fluted, best poles I ever skied with until I broke one off above the basket a couple years back, standing in line. Been disappointed with all I have tried since.
20170925_082527.jpg Skinny antiques 20170925_090545.jpg These were only 185's, I like them short for carving. I am not a high speed cruiser. What do you guys like?

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What do you guys like?
All I have to say is you are in for a huge treat when you demo newer shaped/parabolic skis. They change everything, in a good way! :D

You are on the right tack to demo something first before you buy so you know what you like and what you don't since there are so many shape option out there. I have leaned towards more 'all mountain' skis since they do it all, bumps, carving, etc. They are not as good if you are skiing 8-12" of powder, but on those days I just rent powder skis.

Also I would look at new boots too, front entry boots are much easier to get into/out of. I also think you will amazed how much more comfortable they are with the padding and molded foot beds, usually much warmer too so you can get by with thinner socks.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My goto ski is my vokl rtm 84. I am upgrading boots this year. I haven't decided as of yet what boot but it will be stiff. Right at 100 to 110. I also have some fat skis that I usually take but don't ride as much, unless it's just me and my buddy going. Then we try to find all the stashes we can.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been feeling an itch over the last couple of seasons...I will be scratching it soon. Its time to update from my skinny skies to the newer shaped skies. In 1985 I picked these off the racks at the Rossignol factory when they still made skis in Vermont. They replaced my, broken, new ST comps, broke one at the tip in the moguls, with a new pair of CMV comps. These had been great skis since new, but now a bit outdated. They do draw comments while waiting in line. I used to be mostly a glades and mogul skier, helicopters, daffys, etc, no upside down stuff. Looking for a good ski in the bumps, rugged but not stiff. I will probably demo before I buy. I want to keep my Raichle RX 770's they still fit great and I love the rear entry. I also like my Look bindings, they rarely release when they are not supposed to, but do before anything important breaks. I know old equipment, but I do not ski like I did 30 years ago. Also looking for a pair of poles to replace my Reflex limelights fluted, best poles I ever skied with until I broke one off above the basket a couple years back, standing in line. Been disappointed with all I have tried since.
View attachment 64502 Skinny antiques View attachment 64503 These were only 185's, I like them short for carving. I am not a high speed cruiser. What do you guys like?
Yes demo, demo and demo. Don't forget to try different boots as that is a huge difference.

It's too bad epicski forum closed they had a ton of info. Especially on equipment.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have been in sunny Florida for nearly 3 yrs now and I'm really missing the winter fun ! I'll need to find some snow this winter. My girls are missing it as well.
Snowboarding, skiing, snowmobiling I miss it all. Even my snowblower I had for my garden tractor...
I don't miss the bitter cold WITHOUT SNOW however !

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
driving myself crazy hunting boots . High instep , 104mm, 100 to 110. stiffness and width and the type of skier. Maybe its time for a bootfitter.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nordic n move 100. Got it from skis .com so free returns if it doesn't fit like I wantScreenshot_20170928-192721.png

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screenshot_20171001-183127.png
updated pic

Screenshot_2017-10-01-22-38-45.png

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20171006_160143.jpg 20171006_165142.jpg

Base repair and hot WAX for the adults and 2 sets of skis and a snowboard to go

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My goto ski is my vokl rtm 84. I am upgrading boots this year. I haven't decided as of yet what boot but it will be stiff. Right at 100 to 110. I also have some fat skis that I usually take but don't ride as much, unless it's just me and my buddy going. Then we try to find all the stashes we can.
Got a great deal on some Blizzard Braham's. I don't know this has worked out for a lowlander like me 5 family members 8 sets of skis and boards. 4 sets for me. Hmmm
20171018_101646.jpg

cmn1882

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Where is everyone's favorite place to ski and why? I have been skiing at Keystone a lot because I feel it has family friendly terrain, but this year we are doing Breck and Beaver Creek.