• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's ski season

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I came I saw, and I busted my ass. Headed back yesterday as I got hurt pretty bad. Had a MRI done and, I know have 2 bulging disc (1 torn, not ruptured). This is causing sciatia and hurts like hell. I wish I could say, I got hurt doing something exciting, like jumping off a cliff. I just hit a snow snake and had a yard sale. Early season skiing, sheesh. Hoping the Chiro can fix me as I will not have surgery, like my DR will want to do.
Damn man. Hate to hear that. Keystone was the last place I Ski’d. I really like it there. We staid in one of the condos at the foot of the mountain in the little village area. I really like the bar at the bottom of one of the mountains with all the chairs to sit in and enjoy a beer while watching people ski down. I also took a rough spill there too when a snowboarder undercut me from behind and we went down hard. No injuries though! Hope you get better soon!

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I came I saw, and I busted my ass. Headed back yesterday as I got hurt pretty bad. Had a MRI done and, I now have 2 bulging disc (1 torn, not ruptured).
"Walk it off!"

Kidding of course, hope you get fixed up and don't miss too much of the season. :nurse:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Walk it off!"

Kidding of course, hope you get fixed up and don't miss too much of the season. :nurse:
@djetok That sucks!!!!
Fortunately, the best thing you can do to improve your herniated disc is to exercise!

--

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recommend copious amounts of Bourbon!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind words. Bought a inversion table and I will be trying this

Watch "How to Fix a Bulging Disc (NO SURGERY!)" on YouTube

It looks promising by all the comments. Next ski trip is over new years. Then 2 weeks later. All the condos are already paid.
So suck it up buttercup!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
5479E3DA-6DF5-436A-AF2D-B72A16964E7D.png F784FE70-BC6C-47DB-9F67-E8711C241ADF.png

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Taos was good basically because there was hardly anyone here, but they need snow. The runs that were open were good but a lot of the mountain was not open.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just an O by the way... I tried these on this trip since we would be sleeping at 9500 feet. They absolutely worked. I felt less stress from altitude this trip than trips past. I started them 2 days before the trip. 9615FB0D-9C58-449A-AD00-3153AB0AC145.jpeg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screenshot_20181217-173309_Samsung Internet.jpg
Just an O by the way... I tried these on this trip since we would be sleeping at 9500 feet. They absolutely worked. I felt less stress from altitude this trip than trips past. I started them 2 days before the trip. View attachment 85900
Thanks . I will order some and try it. We usually look like dorks. We use those small compressed air tanks. Sipping on the way. I'm sure that is a lot easier to carry too.

Ordered

Us lowlanders look for any advantage. We stay about the same elevation 9900 feet

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 85901
Thanks . I will order some and try it. We usually look like dorks. We use those small compressed air tanks. Sipping on the way. I'm sure that is a lot easier to carry too.

Ordered

Us lowlanders look for any advantage. We stay about the same elevation 9900 feet
Word of warning, you will have green poop!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Word of warning, you will have green poop!!
Is that chlor part of it lol
I will take green pop over headaches all day long and twice on Tuesday.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that chlor part of it lol
I will take green pop over headaches all day long and twice on Tuesday.
No idea but it happens. It’s even listed as a side effect. Crazy. Let me know what you think. I’ve skied a bunch and slept at all altitudes. This time I felt like I was much lower than I was. We stayed at base of Taos which is 9,545 feet. I felt great. Pounded water of course. Also ran a humidifier that was in the room.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screenshot_20181224-170200_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot (5).png well my back is going to let me go hopefully. It looks like freshies all week and the beginning of next week at Crested Butte. I will not know until I get to altitude if the pills work, I think they do since they give me helluva energy

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just saw this thread, I broke my collar bone yesterday skiing in Germany.
We put our sons in a 2 day lesson, my wife wanted us to take lessons as well, I’ve skiied before and would say I’m decent for a person that skies a few times every few years. After the first day my wife said she wasn’t going back because she didn’t have fun and didn’t like the way the instructor was instructing. So I went yesterday and was doing fine until someone came from behind me and almost stopped right in my path. I did the sideways sliding stop thing to avoid them and my ski caught an edge or something and I went over downhill side straight onto my shoulder. I knew it was broke as soon as I hit.

Of course my wife says “I told you......”

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today's chaos at Killington.

Attachments

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just booked my ticket for 2 days at Keystone! Can't wait. Never been to Keystone.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Night skiing in Granite Peak, WI rocked tonight!
IMG_7885.JPG IMG_7884.JPG IMG_7887.JPG IMG_7888.JPG

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nor-Easter forcased for later this weekend, a couple of feet of powder by Monday.

20190117_175831.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wondering if you tried those chloroxygen pills and did you notice any difference?