• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Jensen Stereo problem.

Ricks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Jensen stereo right side speakers not working, only when Bluetooth from iPhone is playing. All four speakers work fine on FM radio. 2020 Yamaha FSH 210. We thought it was a problem with our settings but we tried everything. Anyone else have this problem ?
I will inform our boat dealer at 20 hour service visit but hopefully it’s a easy fix.

Never seen that before. Can you connect your phone via USB, and if so, what happens?

Humor me for a second and try something....using the FM radio, fade the speakers all the way forwards then all the way to the rear. Does the fade function work as expected, or is it fading left to right?

If it’s fading left to right, I might know what’s happening.

Humor me for a second and try something....using the FM radio, fade the speakers all the way forwards then all the way to the rear. Does the fade function work as expected, or is it fading left to right?

If it’s fading left to right, I might know what’s happening.
I will try that today.

We tried the usb and still no sound out of right speakers.

Ah, your answer here means it's not what I was thinking it might be.
I was thinking the problem only occurred with Bluetooth.
Never mind about trying to fade front to rear.

Have you tried using a different phone?

We tried four phones. I think we have a defective stereo unit. I checked all the wiring , according to manual it’s all right.

Jensen stereo right side speakers not working, only when Bluetooth from iPhone is playing. All four speakers work fine on FM radio. 2020 Yamaha FSH 210. We thought it was a problem with our settings but we tried everything. Anyone else have this problem ?
I will inform our boat dealer at 20 hour service visit but hopefully it’s a easy fix.
Heyy , I have the exact same problem on Fm radio is sounds pretty good and all 4 speakers works, but when I connect my phone on Bluetooth only one side works and sounds low compared to the fm.
Did you tackle this problem ?

Has anyone made any headway with this. I have the same issue. Port speakers don’t work over Bluetooth or aux in. AM & FM all 6 speakers work fine.

Do you have an extra speaker? Or can remove one of the ones that you know is working? If so, I'd plug the working speaker into the channels that don't work to eliminate the possibility, unlikely as it may be, that there's a speaker problem.

Assuming it works, it could be the wiring or more likely it's the HU. Or the amp if you have one. But it's a weird problem.

All the speakers work when running on AM or FM frequencies. Just not when using the aux in or Bluetooth connections.

The jensen units are trash, just replace it.

All the speakers work when running on AM or FM frequencies. Just not when using the aux in or Bluetooth connections.

I get that but if I were you I'd want to isolate the problem. It's either speakers, wiring, amp or HU. Probably HU but it would suck to buy a new HU and find out it's something else.

Back