• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet ski trailer renting or tow

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Do places rent jet ski trailer? My trailer coupler was damaged and need to get my jet ski out of the river but not finding any luck as of lately? If anybody knows a place where I can rent one or if anybody is selling a double im interesting in maybe buying. Currently have a double 1992 trailer (given me problems since the day I picked it up.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recommend that you check Craigslist for jet ski/pwc renters and contact one of them. I would be surprised if such renters would not let you rent just the trailer but think it really depends if they have an empty one available.

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Thank you but just checked no luck 😒. Thanks for your time and advice though

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why not bolt on a new coupler? Harbor Freight sells some. Just a thought.

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Issues a little bit more complicated. Went camping over the weekend and the coupler got bent, my jet ski is currently at the lake while I either repair my trailer by having it towed fixed and then brought back or finding a rental to give myself more time. A rental would let me get my jet ski back while I fix the trailer. Very old trailer was going to upgrade but didn't think I might have to immediately.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
where are you located?

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Sacramento area

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Cut off old coupler (sawzall with metal blade), bolt new one on (pre-drill new coupler, clamp onto trailer to mark, drill and bolt up), bring ski home? More complicated than that?

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Only issue with that is limited electrical outlets on the lake where its inoperable at the moment and if I don't have the right tools ima be a long way from a home depot or lowes. I might just have to get my trailer towed to me, do what you suggested and hope im able to complete the task.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
rent utility trailer from homedepot, that can carry your jetski home and its low enough you can slide it off when you get home

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Or just load the ski into the back of truck, use the tail gate to extend the length of the bed.

Mondz3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Thanks but I have a 3 person jet ski and I was told it would be to big for those options. A repair shop finally got back to me and is going to fix it for me. Thanks guys for all the input