• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it could be 2 hours before Island Girl gets towed through the inlet. @waterboy have you heard anymore radio calls for them.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am on a conf call now. Volume muted.

ATT fiber connection at home. something like 360 MB/sec speed

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't let BoatUS drain your boat.. its a salvage operation then..

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about the troubles.. put all the women/kids on a plane or ferry and do it again in the morning!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't let BoatUS drain your boat.. its a salvage operation then..
Taking on water several miles offshore, not certain I would care what you call it as long as your coming to help. . . . . But why would that matter?

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
its a difference of a lot of money between a tow and a salvage. If BoatUS uses their pumps its a salvage and thats expensive!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cost x 25

(But that's what insurance is for)

biminibrad

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I am here at the sands awaiting their arrival, if I can help in any way shoot me a text 954-270-2187 thanks, Brad

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
y
Taking on water several miles offshore, not certain I would care what you call it as long as your coming to help. . . . . But why would that matter?
Yea, I doubt anyone would tell Coast Guard or BoatUS to NOT drain boat....16 miles out....I mean if it was 14 miles out I could swim it....lol

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
y

Yea, I doubt anyone would tell Coast Guard or BoatUS to NOT drain boat....16 miles out....I mean if it was 14 miles out I could swim it....lol
I agree. just if you can help it you want to of course. situation dictates help me first, pay for it later though!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cost x 25
When I went last year I made sure we had covered BoatUS.......and I changed ins to cover 75 Nautical miles. Not covered 3 mile radius from Bimini....but figured we could tow out and leave it...lol....kidding but you know!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems like they are crawling along. 19mph top speed. 9.something avg.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I cant wait to see the gopro coverage!

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heard from @Bill D (Bamaha)- turned back due to the thunderstorm. About half the group turned back.
If the storm passes, I would gather as a group and leave again today. Not much difference this afternoon compared to tomorrow morning IMO pending weather moves out.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your boat insurance only covers so much for "salvage" operations.. BoatUS does not cover pump outs, they will bill you for it, and it aint cheap.. mine was $2600 if I remember correctly.. If you have the capability to bail it your self do so, then let BoatUS tow it back in.. but the minute they put a pump in the boat, you are gonna get a huge bill that is not covered.. I found all this out the hard way..

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there a list of boats that returned? Just curious about some we know....I doubt they ones that turned back tho...they cray cray LOL. @Water Girl @Glen

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like they may encounter another storm. Shifting west north of Bimini. Hope everyone is doing well. Following their GPS tracker.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your boat insurance only covers so much for "salvage" operations.. BoatUS does not cover pump outs, they will bill you for it, and it aint cheap.. mine was $2600 if I remember correctly.. If you have the capability to bail it your self do so, then let BoatUS tow it back in.. but the minute they put a pump in the boat, you are gonna get a huge bill that is not covered.. I found all this out the hard way..
Last year I brought a portable ballast pump....it pumps water like crazy...it was my backup with plugs to hit battery direct in case power wasn't moving to plug.