• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
One thing to take note of, is the number of people in your boat...
fewer people = smaller quantity of food/drinks

I believe you had a small crew didn't you @Glen ?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Absolutely true Tim! Just 2 guys, last trip.
Bringing the whole family, this year-

A relevant point though, regardless of size of crew, is that you don't have to bring everything cold to Bimini. It is not like camping or such. You can make most of what you want cold thereafter, when you get to Bimini. Beer, sodas, water,..., and the many items you want that you only need to refrigerate after opening, do not need to be in a cooler, for the crossing.

My point; the cooler only needs to hold what you must bring cold to Bimini, and what you will use on a daily basis. Your condo's frig will do the rest of the work-

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had a larger group. And we froze 2 case's of water bottles to use as our ice... It worked great !
But yes only keep cold what you need to...

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
jayasaki138 has registered to captain My Lovely Girls with a crew of 2 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Fairfax Station, VA.

The crew is described as: Me and my best friend.

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond
Just want to update my boat that I will take it to Bimini. Trade in my Glastron 249GS for 2017 NauticStar 2102 Legacy. I could not resist to make the move when I saw it in Fredericksburg Boat Show this passed weekend.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jayasaki138 That's awesome! Wonder what your fuel burn and speeds are with it the new boat. Will it be broken in by than? What motor did you get also.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just want to update my boat that I will take it to Bimini. Trade in my Glastron 249GS for 2017 NauticStar 2102 Legacy. I could not resist to make the move when I saw it in Fredericksburg Boat Show this passed weekend.
You move through boats quickly!

What kind of engine did you get? What kind of speed do you expect?

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jayasaki138 That's awesome! Wonder what your fuel burn and speeds are with it the new boat. Will it be broken in by than? What motor did you get also.
I only got the Yamaha 150 OB. According to Yamaha Performance Chart, @3500 RPM, 22.5 mph, 5.2 gph and 4.33 mph. How many hours need to be considered broken in?

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I assume that is cruising speed. Will she go 30?
@6000 rpm 44.4 mph, 17.1 gph and 2.6 mph.

I was cruising it around 32 mph easily. I hope I can catch up with your guys' big horse power jetboats.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow - super fun boat. Love those back supports int he bow - so clever!

--

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't even know you yet, but I'm already pissed at you @jayasaki138 -
I was home this weekend and didn't even know that we had a boat show in our backyard!!
(Full disclosure, I was suppose to be in CA all wknd due to work (late Fri finish, early Mon start), but on Thurs PM the sched changed and I came home unexpectedly on Fri night. Was sick so stayed horizontal most of the wknd....but you didn't even try to reach me ;-).

Congrats brother on a cool boat purchase. You planning on joining us to Bimini this year? (we're going!)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bimini, I know everyone is in a hurry to get their reservations in. Unfortunately I am still working out final details with the new registration crew. As soon as these issues are worked out I will distribute the reservation form and contact details to complete your reservations at our discounted rate.

The reservation office in the Bahamas is closed. Reservations will be completed and paid in the US. Once we arrive BS staff will meet us with keys. We will not need to check out.

Thank you for your patience.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jayasaki138 it is only 10 hours for break in on my 250 Yamaha. Make sure you bring an extra in line fuel filter and primary filter for the motor. You probably won't need them but just to be sure. Hope you enjoy. Also the Yamaha app for my iPhone you can look up the manuals for the motors and everything it is pretty neat!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jayasaki138 it is only 10 hours for break in on my 250 Yamaha. Make sure you bring an extra in line fuel filter and primary filter for the motor. You probably won't need them but just to be sure. Hope you enjoy. Also the Yamaha app for my iPhone you can look up the manuals for the motors and everything it is pretty neat!
I added a set of plugs to my packing list just incase

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I added a set of plugs to my packing list just incase
I don't want to side track this thread but yes I would do spark plugs and since I'm an outboard I plan on buying a second prob to keep on hand also as you never know what can happen. But I think it has been discussed on what you should have on board for a trip of this magnitude.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bimini, I know everyone is in a hurry to get their reservations in. Unfortunately I am still working out final details with the new registration crew. As soon as these issues are worked out I will distribute the reservation form and contact details to complete your reservations at our discounted rate.

The reservation office in the Bahamas is closed. Reservations will be completed and paid in the US. Once we arrive BS staff will meet us with keys. We will not need to check out.

Please don't loose sleep over inpatient yahoos such as myself. I am 100% sure once we make the reservations, I will find something else to pester you about. Maybe, expect for you to forecast the weather 6 months in advance!!! LOL

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE EFFORT

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

For those of you that don't live far from Fort Lauderdale, to save room in the coolers, I don't use any ice or ice packs, just freeze any meat I take.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Our impatience is really just excitement @Bruce !
Do you feel most discounts will be within reason of the prices last year?
Oh, and is anyone else jumping to this thread every time Bruce posts here? Lol!