• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As always great job to Bruce and all others assisting in the background! I will be in school and can not assist in the crossing but live North in Port St Lucie, FL. If anyone needs any help from travel issues along the roadway I'll do my best to help out any fellow boaters just let me know. I always look forward to following the action in these threads

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Does Bimini sands have internet connection? My work demands that I be always available online if required .

Best
Amar.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does Bimini sands have internet connection? My work demands that I be always available online if required .

Best
Amar.
There is an overloaded WiFi connection for the entire facility. Each condo is supposed to have its own DSL/WiFi setup this year. In the worst case scenario I used mobile data to work for a few days when the DSL provider was having issues.

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone has used Google Project Fi there? I believe Bimini is included the plan.

Last edited:

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
To all the new ones going, the best advice I could give would be that if you in the condos 18-21, you'll definitely want a cooler with wheels. I made that mistake. Thinking I would have help carrying a cooler to pool in the evening didn't turn out as planned being that my crew usually wanted to relax in the room due to preparing dinner & cleaning up from the day.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To all the new ones going, the best advice I could give would be that if you in the condos 18-21, you'll definitely want a cooler with wheels. I made that mistake. Thinking I would have help carrying a cooler to pool in the evening didn't turn out as planned being that my crew usually wanted to relax in the room due to preparing dinner & cleaning up from the day.
Would building 7 be close enough ? Got a verbal confirmation. Should be getting the confirmation email tonight :D

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would building 7 be close enough ? Got a verbal confirmation. Should be getting the confirmation email tonight :D
Building 7 is one of the closest to the infinity pool.

Buildings 1 to 14 are not the same side of the marina as the infinity pool.

Buildings 15 to 17 are middle distanced.

Buildings 18 to 21 are the farthest.

Buildings 15 to 21 have the best slip availability and are closest to the ship store (ice cream, soft drinks, beer) and Petite Conch Cafe.

There are lots of tradeoffs.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Submitted the reservation. * Crossed fingers *

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For the new folks, here is my 2 cents on which condo building you might want. It seems with the new manage at the Sands it might be difficult to get the building you want but it doesn't hurt to request.

The ocean view condos are nice to see the sunset from but they will be baked by the sun and might not be cooled well by the HVAC unit until after the sun goes down, this as well applies to the marina view buildings 15,16, & 17. Any of the other buildings will be shaded from direct sunlight shining in the windows allowing for a cooler unit, especially when you come back from a long day on the water. To me the key building location are the ones close to the infinity pool. After a long day on the salt water a dip in the pool with a cocktail in hand is a great way to refresh and watch the sunset. I have stayed in an ocean view room and never saw the sunset from the room, we were either out getting dinner somewhere or down at the infinity pool, so to me it isn't worth the extra charge. To be honest, the only benefit of the ocean view room was one morning we did get the treat of seeing the fuel barge arrive and were able to watch them refuel Bimini Sands.

2013 Bimini 235.JPG

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone has used Google Project Fi there? I believe Bimini is included the plan.
Yup. Works great as long as you have wifi. Without, I never saw much service. A notification would make it in once in awhile walking around, but it could've been picking up an open wifi somewhere

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Submitted the reservation. * Crossed fingers *
Waiting on confirmation here!
Put the dates on bosses calendar. He's on a vacation himself right now, so he can't say to much until later!
My cousins are already giving me a hard time. We don't really take much in the way of vacations. Usually a long weekend and that's it. Looks like a really busy Spring so the vacation will be needed!

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Put the dates on bosses calendar. He's on a vacation himself right now, so he can't say to much until later!
My cousins are already giving me a hard time. We don't really take much in the way of vacations. Usually a long weekend and that's it. Looks like a really busy Spring so the vacation will be needed![/QUOTE
My wife and I work very hard too. Here is a picture of our ATV trailer and the motto that we try to live by..

Attachments

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
emailed my form this morning and waiting for reply/confirmation. I use PayPal. Is it just PayPal email address on the form good enough?

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My cousins are already giving me a hard time. We don't really take much in the way of vacations. Usually a long weekend and that's it. Looks like a really busy Spring so the vacation will be needed!
The message to go with the picture was, my wife and I work hard too. Here is a picture of our ATV cargo trailer with the motto that we try to live by.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey, I looked on the points of interest map with all the dive sites etc on it and was wondering about the road to Atlantis. Is this in the area and I just didn't see it?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, I looked on the points of interest map with all the dive sites etc on it and was wondering about the road to Atlantis. Is this in the area and I just didn't see it?
It is on the map NE from Three Sisters and West of the Resorts World beach.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 1.33.33 PM.png

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looks like I will get my confirmed reservation tonight.

One question. If my whole crew decide to fly to Bimini will I be able to boat there by myself ?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

One question. If my whole crew decide to fly to Bimini will I be able to boat there by myself ?
i don't see why not... just will be harder taking care of all the logistics by yourself but i'm sure there are people that can assist

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

I would not recommend that. As Captain of my boat I concentrate on navigation and driving the boat forward. I assign one crew member to look forward for debris and seaweed. I assign another crew member to watch for other boats. And I have another crew member Manning the radio to communicate with other members of our group. I'm assuming that you have a jet boat, if you were to be alone on your boat, get seaweed stuck in one of your engines and have to stop to clean it out fall overboard, now everybody has to come and rescue you and save you and put themselves at risk. Just saying, it could happen.