• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Drift Away, I hope that your stay goes really well. There are nice houses on the canals and it looks like you have booked one of the best. I believe it is on the south side of the south most canal. If so you can quickly walk the road to the very nice beach at the currently closed South Bimini Beach Club.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Drift Away, I hope that your stay goes really well. There are nice houses on the canals and it looks like you have booked one of the best. I believe it is on the south side of the south most canal. If so you can quickly walk the road to the very nice beach at the currently closed South Bimini Beach Club.
There are eight bicycles that come with the house so we definitely plan on making our rounds in the evening it will definitely swing down to the sands for a drink or 4

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So... has anyone received a confirmation yet? I sent mine in this afternoon, but have not heard back. I'm pretty sure the internet ate my email. Lol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So... has anyone received a confirmation yet? I sent mine in this afternoon, but have not heard back. I'm pretty sure the internet ate my email. Lol
I expect that Beth will be very busy processing reservations for most of next week.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ugh, patience is not my strong suit. Lol.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ugh, patience is not my strong suit. Lol.
In Bimini it is referred to as island time. On the positive side the new system has eliminated hours of waiting to check in and out.

Unfortunately when we arrive on their Independence Day we will still spend hours waiting to clear customs.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I emailed within 20 minutes and faxed within 30 minutes from when Bruce posted the details. I spoke with Beth twice and Tara. They confirmed that the got my fax and they will put me in building 7. They also said that I will get an confirmation this afternoon. Nothing yet :(
They were very nice on the phone but rather relaxed. I think I should give them a bit breathing room, maybe untill Monday 8:01am EST. :D.
We are super exited here in the house. Last night I had to double dose on NyQuil to be able to sleep; I dare say I got to do it again tonight.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik, Beth has to check with the owner of each condo before booking one of us into it. That alone is likely to create substantial delay. I think you should sleep well tonight knowing your reservation is working its way through the system.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik, Beth has to check with the owner of each condo before booking one of us into it. That alone is likely to create substantial delay. I think you should sleep well tonight knowing your reservation is working its way through the system.
I feel fairly secure because I ran everything on my wife's name. Hopefully, they overlook my ascent. LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hoorey hoorey !!!!!
My wife's credit card just alerted for CNP charge from Rental At BIMINI SANDS.

No email thought. LOL

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
If I don't get confirmation from Bimini Sands, I need to check my email / texts for fraud alerts on my credit card :D

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoorey hoorey !!!!!
My wife's credit card just alerted for CNP charge from Rental At BIMINI SANDS.

No email thought. LOL

@ Betik your excitement is contagious! I hope when the trip is over you'll take the time to do a personal write up and post it here. I know I would enjoy the read and I imagine others would as well.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just saw a pending charge on my credit card. I hope the provider does not reject it. :eek:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you did not get a phone call within 15 minutes of the authorization request you are good. I used to do CC fraud modeling, you are good my friend. You better start packing and I better an essay class.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ Betik your excitement is contagious! I hope when the trip is over you'll take the time to do a personal write up and post it here. I know I would enjoy the read and I imagine others would as well.
Rambling Wreck I love to do it, but there are components make hesitate.
  1. It might be all Greek to you. As you can tell English is not quit my strength.
  2. For people to enjoy it I have to be 100% honest, and if I am 100% honest I am guaranteed to piss off my wife. This girl might be 100lbs but she can hit like Mohamed Ali:blackeye:
I could always get a ghost writer :bookworm:, but I need to find out how many days of doghouse this will cost me.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All of your comments make perfect sense. My son is type 1 diabetic and 11 yrs old and my daughter is 9. So my wife might decide to take both of our kids on a ferry or by plane to Bimini to minimize the risks. She has not decided yet on her approach.

I still have 5 months to decide. Reservation will be confirmed tonight. So let's see how it goes :)
My 16 year old daughter is type one too, and is coming, so we're a fully experienced diabetic support crew, too!

Welcome aboard Amat-

If I remember, this is your first 'blue water' experience. With that, and your family, I'd likely lean towards sending them on ferry. On the way back you will have had a lot of blue water stick time and can make adjustments, from experience.

Love to see you pick up one adult from some crew that was going to have 5 (or something).

As we get a month or so out and crews begins to stabilize, we can see if there is a First Mate avail from another boat.