• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, ours ended up pretty tattered. I figured they were expensive to print, that's why I thought I could ask if there were any extras. It sounds like the ones that Tim H has are already printed.
We can just sweet talk @TimH into bringing them out to the sand bar or north Anclote

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We can just sweet talk @TimH into bringing them out to the sand bar or north Anclote
I saw Tim at the Marina as I was yutzing around with customs and the boat trailer, so I handed my stash to him to share with people he may run across up in his home waters. If you want one PM me an address and I'll find out how much to ship these things. Its just the front map with dive locations - about 22x36"

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@hobineros may have to go into the printing business.

On a serious note, those maps use a lot of toner so they are expensive to produce. Your existing maps are waterproof. If they are not torn washing them and laying flat to dry will make them look better.
Plotters alone cost anywhere from 5,000-20,000 dollars. I need a investment to start my business. LOL!

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@hobineros may have to go into the printing business.

On a serious note, those maps use a lot of toner so they are expensive to produce. Your existing maps are waterproof. If they are not torn washing them and laying flat to dry will make them look better.
Can the original file be shared ? A big print on canvas could be done at costco for reasonable...??? And be pretty cool !

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could share it... @Bruce do u mind?
Go ahead. I would appreciate that people not post the map files and coordinates elsewhere. Bimini's dive operators make their living from these or similar coordinates. If it is attached to a post only members will be able to access the high resolution files.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bruce, my family is heading down the road I want to wish you guys the best of luck for a fun and safe crossing tomorrow !!!

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We made it across today in a cool 2.5 hours. Dodged a thunderstorm, but other than that, completely uneventful! Thank you to everyone who helped us and made our trip one to remember!!
Sending @GMAN2015 off. Till next time ;) my friend

Attachments

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Rick215HO any updates to your situation?
Hey Bill/everybody! we made it home safely and the boat is at the shop getting her new windshield already. Hope to have her back next week. Its been difficult to come back! even without the boat we had lots of fun in Bimini thanks to everyone being so great. Where do we sign-up for Bimini 2018?!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to know if the trim tabs made any differenve for this rough crossing.
Big help, no doubt. And I use those all the time even on a river/lake.

Mine are the Lectrotab design of Dan Roberts of Linear Devices Corp (parent company making Lectrotabs), 16"x9" with short actuators and "up" taper.
All the info in this thread (long-ish but starting around page 2 with details and install)
https://jetboaters.net/threads/trim-tabs-options-wake-surfing-and-cruising.12031/page-2

The cost with semi-auto controller was about $800-900, worth every penny. I'm trying to find the invoice, too many emails with Dan designs. @rocknracing has those exact same tabs (I believe the exact same model/size/orientation) in his 2014? AR240. @Betik I think has those, too.

I was initially concerned with both cruising and surfing. This specific design is gold (cord/span/with short actuators) does NOT interfere with wake surf and still a killer in attitude adjustment. Not just my opinion - I have had as many as twenty different people try those out piloting my boat, mostly in a lake but same difference - the attitude adjustment range is impressive.
Enough said: in very rough water I don't fully deploy out of fear of stuffing the bow; yet, can fully retract high enough so they don't drag, or ruin the surf wake.

--