• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Betik,

Did you have your boat hoisted/lifted into the water for Bimini (scratch reference above)? Back when I was thinking about going to Bimini I was looking up places that would do that but didn't find anything (granted I didn't search very hard). I like the look of my painted trailer but worry it wouldn't last long if I dip it in salt water.

Yes, I will PM you with details. If you love your trailer, then it is definitely worth it. Well let me see if that scratch will come off after waxing, so to me it was worth it.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Rana

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_2369.JPG IMG_2370.JPG

Thankfully @Bruce noticed we had a broken leafspring on the trailer at Habourtowne Marina as we were preparing the boat for the travels home. We are currently chilling at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale while we wait for the trailer to be repaired.

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I actually got a few bottles to the pool area for all to enjoy and get a taste of the mango rum. I guess you guys weren't there at that time.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe that Butler and Sands / 700 Spirits is having issues. It is unusual for Bimini to have a rum shortage. The story is that no deliveries were received for weeks. Yesterday the store was closed during the middle of the day because the manager went to the bank. Today they were closed all day for inventory. Every other store in Bimini sold out of coconut rum and Kalik!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After what looks like a final run for bimini bread and road rum. ;)
Unfortunatley Bimini Sands was out of fuel when we went to fill up so we ran to Blue Water to top off the tank. We burned less than half a tank on the return.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may or may not have contributed to the current rum shortage on Bimini.... :D

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe that Butler and Sands / 700 Spirits is having issues. It is unusual for Bimini to have a rum shortage. The story is that no deliveries were received for weeks. Yesterday the store was closed during the middle of the day because the manager went to the bank. Today they were closed all day for inventory. Every other store in Bimini sold out of coconut rum and Kalik!
Bimini Fling 2017 has left the building...
And the island is out of rum and kalik. Nice.

--

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I DEFINITELY contributed to the shortage of Kalik. Lol. Until the Swatski clan gifted us the most amazing beer of all time.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I DEFINITELY contributed to the shortage of Kalik. Lol. Until the Swatski clan gifted us the most amazing beer of all time.
We finished off the Heinekin at Bimini Sands and began working on the Kalik! We also finished the 4.5 cases that we brought with us! @Allstate helped (yes that is my brother's account...he finally joined! But he's technically challenged...so he'll probably never see this! LOL)

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh.... @Julian was the one who drank all the Kalik. Whew! ;)

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 60190 View attachment 60191

Thankfully @Bruce noticed we had a broken leafspring on the trailer at Habourtowne Marina as we were preparing the boat for the travels home. We are currently chilling at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale while the we wait for the trailer to be repaired.
Bimini 2017 takes another victim.... again I ask, WHO BROUGHT THE BANNANNAS! ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The spring broke behind the axle allowing me to continue to drive. And it was discovered at the launch ramp less than ten miles from a trailer repair shop that @Glen had already used. In addition I will not have to sweat under the trailer cutting off every bolt to replace the springs. I consider myself blessed / fortunate.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The spring broke behind the axle allowing me to continue to drive. And it was discovered at the launch ramp less than ten miles from a trailer repair shop that @Glen had already used. In addition I will not have to sweat under the trailer cutting off every bolt to replace the springs. I consider myself blessed / fortunate.
Sounds like this trailer shop should meet you all in the parking lot in 2018!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we had banana chip snacks. Like lay potato chips, but made out of bananas. My family never got the memo. Communication issues in our family for sure.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We did bring bananas and we were still able to catch fish.

Trailers aren't mentioned in the banana contingency....

There are many theories on why people believe bananas are bad luck for a boat. One superstition is that boatscarrying bananas don't catch fish. The origin of this belief dates back to the Caribbean trade of the 1700s. ... Another superstition that originated during that time is that bananas will cause a boat to sink.

Last edited: