• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my depth finder maxed out at 903 feet. and it was flushing 903 until we were 1 miles out of Bimini.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Due to limited lodging and logistics issues the Exhumas should be limited to small groups with great flexibility, care for each other, willingness to pound waves and experience.

I believe that the Abacos is an easier trip than the Exhumas.
Will certainly keep this in mind Bruce. Thanks

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
As a recap, are we saying the 19'fsh series did well but the 24' boats better and the 21' inbetween? I mean as far as taking the pounding.
The fsh sounds like lets you take it in the legs instead of your spine. So a 210 or 240 fsh would be an amazing bimini machine right?

S Elgin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
does anyone have a shot of their gps or depth finder while we were out in the deepest points? I try not to pay attention to that but I have someone who doesn't believe me.......:rolleyes:
Pull it up on the navionics app. It has depth. I think I saw 2820' on our route

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
does anyone have a shot of their gps or depth finder while we were out in the deepest points? I try not to pay attention to that but I have someone who doesn't believe me.......:rolleyes:
Mine doesn't read that deep but there are charts they can easily show the depth

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As a recap, are we saying the 19'fsh series did well but the 24' boats better and the 21' inbetween? I mean as far as taking the pounding.
The fsh sounds like lets you take it in the legs instead of your spine. So a 210 or 240 fsh would be an amazing bimini machine right?
I stood most of the way , each time I sat down my spine was rearranged nearly immediately. I weigh 275lbs and my thighs got a work out. My passengers looked none worse for the trip as they laid out across the back, next trip I'll be putting an airride capt chair on this boat for sure.

Funny part is - I took the boat to Biscayne bay yesterday... 1-2 foot seas. After Bimini I blew right thru that like it was glass. Lmao. 2 footers is what the forecast said .. I guffaw at such wave heights now... Lol.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I stood most of the way , each time I sat down my spine was rearranged nearly immediately. I weigh 275lbs and my thighs got a work out. My passengers looked none worse for the trip as they laid out across the back, next trip I'll be putting an airride capt chair on this boat for sure.

Funny part is - I took the boat to Biscayne bay yesterday... 1-2 foot seas. After Bimini I blew right thru that like it was glass. Lmao. 2 footers is what the forecast said .. I guffaw at such wave heights now... Lol.
Lol yeah when we go out on Lake Michigan i check wave heights and sometimes will be like huh, this was like their trip back lol. I have been out in 6' waves with my kids and wife before. My wife knows if i sit down instead of stand and actually tuck in the lanyard, shes going for a ride! I can't imagine it for that whole trip. We did it for 30 minutes and i was done.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Do you guys think the Pavati 26 footer can cross the Bimini ? I see it as having a low profile.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you guys think the Pavati 26 footer can cross the Bimini ? I see it as having a low profile.
In good conditions it will make it like any other small craft.......... but!!!!!.... if you drop $250K on a lake boat...... I would keep it on the lake!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
In good conditions it will make it like any other small craft.......... but!!!!!.... if you drop $250K on a lake boat...... I would keep it on the lake!
You made the point exactly. It is a lake boat period.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Need one of those 36' sport fishing boats I saw tied up at the Sands marina. Drooly mcdrooly face! Next year I'll tow my 242 behind that. Lol

Problem is logistics... my association won't let me keep anything larger than 24' in my yard. Man screws me again!

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just told the wife, we selling house, living aboard the new boat. She is down. :)

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Glen Have you posted any of the video of Emily (or me) jumping from the sapona ?
Our family videographer (Abby) has been training hard and off to sand vball nationals today.

Our processing will be 2 weeks delayed

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length