• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our family videographer (Abby) has been training hard and off to sand vball nationals today.

Our processing will be 2 weeks delayed
good luck with vball nationals!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce didn't you post a picture from the shark lab somewhere? I can not find it to save my life
We went on our last day in Bimini but I am not sure that we took any pictures at Shark Lab this year.

Is this what you were thinking of? @Glen, @Majorsmackdown and @MrMoose contributed food that we delivered. We threw in a little but left most of ours for Janet who cleaned our room and her seven kids. There was plenty for everyone

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 6.46.01 PM.png

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We went on our last day in Bimini but I am not sure that we took any pictures at Shark Lab this year.

Is this what you were thinking of? @Glen, @Majorsmackdown and @MrMoose contributed food that we delivered. We threw in a little but left most of ours for Janet who cleaned our room and her seven kids. There was plenty for everyone

View attachment 61333
This is awesome!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am watching some of the videos and I just released that I never made a public statement about this.
@Rana 's kids, @swatski's girls, and @Lakeboy 's girls made our 5 year old truly feel like the princes of Bimini.
Not sure how I will pay it back, but one day I will find a way.
In the mean time please accept a HUGE THANK YOU

Rana

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 61333
I took video while we were at Shark Lab this year but, not the day we dropped food off.

We will locate it and post soon.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer told me Yamaha wouldn't help me with my windshield or gel coat repairs from my window falling through.

I called Yamaha directly and encouraged them that this was not cool. They told me to have the dealer send in a request.

While waiting for a respone a new window showed up and gel coat repairs were ok'd.

Shorelander said no to my dealer regarding radial tires but I'll be having a talk with them. My new fenders both ended up with cracked support braces and diamond plate, again. But at least it didn't cause a tire to be peeled off again.

IMG_0640.JPG

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good for you.
How can there be so much disparity in honoring warranty claims? I was denied for the same thing! :confused:
(windshield panel; I did get free radial replacements from Shorland'r)

--

Last edited:

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man - swatski, I don't know. Maybe depends on who gets the call at Yamaha. I wasn't hopeful about this after your experience but tried anyhow.

Have you called yamaha yourself rather than just have the dealer do it ? If I left it to my dealer I'd have gotten nothing.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another Bimini victim

"If anyone hears or talks to anyone about seeing a dark grey with green trim FZR in the Atlantic please pm me. Me and a buddy were crossing from Miami to Bimini and got caught in a storm. I got picked up by a 108 foot yacht and had to abandon my ski. It has a yeti 75 and big dry bag strapped to it.the coastguard said it could end up around the Carolinas. Please keep a lookout for it. Thanks Jerry. I'm going to try to post some pics of it."

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=264152&highlight=bimini

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another Bimini victim

"If anyone hears or talks to anyone about seeing a dark grey with green trim FZR in the Atlantic please pm me. Me and a buddy were crossing from Miami to Bimini and got caught in a storm. I got picked up by a 108 foot yacht and had to abandon my ski. It has a yeti 75 and big dry bag strapped to it.the coastguard said it could end up around the Carolinas. Please keep a lookout for it. Thanks Jerry. I'm going to try to post some pics of it."

Holy crap! Glad you guys made it out safe. Did you go to Bimini or Florida?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another Bimini victim

Holy crap! Glad you guys made it out safe. Did you go to Bimini or Florida?
I believe this was several weeks ago. It was not Robert. He would have been too excited about the rough water to get into trouble.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
The coast guard spotted the ski still floating off of Freeport but the guy had no way to go and get it

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
for all the silly fathers out there please read this....
Hana, my 5.5 year old daughter started kinder on Monday. Today was her 3rd day in school.

Ms. Griffiths: Kids what did you for fun this summer ?
Kid 1: we went camping
Kid 2: we visited grandpa & grandma
Kid 3: we went to the beach
Kid 4: we went to Destin
Kid 5: we went to Disneyworld
Kid 6: we went to Destin
Kid 7: we went to the pool
Hana: we went to Bamahas to pet the stingrays

silence in the room .......... I bet "Bahamas" was a new word for most of the kids.

If anyone of you out there are wondering if 4.5 hours of bud bruising was worth it ..... I dare say HELL YEA.

Full Disclaimer: In my trilogy I cast serious doubts about the value of the trip, but man it did feel very good today to be the person with cheapest house in the neighborhood, yet the coolest vacation.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Channel 69 is silent now. I will have to switch to 68 to listen to the island chatter then 16 for the crossing on Thursday. We are already missing all of our Bimini friends.
This is the saddest post ever

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
for all the silly fathers out there please read this....
Hana, my 5.5 year old daughter started kinder on Monday. Today was her 3rd day in school.

Ms. Griffiths: Kids what did you for fun this summer ?
Kid 1: we went camping
Kid 2: we visited grandpa & grandma
Kid 3: we went to the beach
Kid 4: we went to Destin
Kid 5: we went to Disneyworld
Kid 6: we went to Destin
Kid 7: we went to the pool
Hana: we went to Bamahas to pet the stingrays

silence in the room .......... I bet "Bahamas" was a new word for most of the kids.

If anyone of you out there are wondering if 4.5 hours of bud bruising was worth it ..... I dare say HELL YEA.

Full Disclaimer: In my trilogy I cast serious doubts about the value of the trip, but man it did feel very good today to be the person with cheapest house in the neighborhood, yet the coolest vacation.
I guess it is safe to say we will be seeing you in 2018 :D