• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MazzyDan Unfortunately, there is a lot that's at the discretion of an immigration officer...
Most are solid, but you just never know.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Clarion m505 head unit with Clarion 120w amp. It has the 3.5mm aux input available. Has anyone connected their fixed VHF radio through their head unit? What was their experience? If this works I doubt I need another external speaker. The Clarion also has Bluetooth connectivity. Anyone tried connecting a hand held VHF radio to their head unit with Bluetooth? What VHF portable or fixed radio was good at cancelling background noise while crossing?
Most VHF radio's output will be way more powerful that your HU, I think. You may need something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-Variable-Line-Converter/dp/B001EAWS3W/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=51N99mFrh+L&dpPl=1&keywords=high level to low level converter&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1464407446&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
*ok saw you were using a fixed mount... my solution goes for handheld users*

or something like this. I bought a cheaper one from ebay for $4.90 for (2) 2.5mm headset. but can't access ebay from work lol

https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-M214C-Headset-Adjustable/dp/B000ANOY7M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1486396033&sr=8-3&keywords=2.5mm+headset

or this so you can use regular headset
https://www.amazon.com/Insten-Female-Headset-Adapter-Accessory/dp/B003FMKAJG/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1486396033&sr=8-14&keywords=2.5mm+headset

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MazzyDan, if I were in your shoes, the first thing that I'd look into is to find out what kind of paperwork is required to tow your Canadian-registered boat into the US so that you don't incur import duties/taxes etc. If it's possible to tow into the US and launch in Ft. Lauderdale, I assume that the I-68 system would have to be used to land in Ft. Lauderdale upon your return.
If you investigate this further, please share your findings and perhaps they can be added to the Bimini prep info.
BTW, I grew up an hour from Detroit, in Ontario.
Would that be in the Chatham area. Lol. My findings are that I should only need an I-68 for each on board only to enter back into US by boat. Don't really need it but makes calling in to report easier. Don't think it would be much of an issue crossing by land in tow as long as I have proof ownership of boat. Then all I think I would need is same paper work as everyone else going into Bimini. I am only 1,500 miles from Miami. I see some are also towing that distance. I just need to change out bias tires to radials on shorelander Trailer as to much vibration apparently on bias tires causing fender brackets to crack. Anyhow the Bimini trip looks amazing and I'm doing everything at my end to register to go. Like I said. If not this year I am definitely going the following year.

Cheers

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
are there any restrictions on bringing food to the island

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
yes, I believe it was covered recently.
I think it is $100 worth per person per week...

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not so much a dollar amount more about types of food I assume no fruits or nuts

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce I emailed them too with no response. I found a few things online just wanted to check with those that have gone before.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce I emailed them too with no response. I found a few things online just wanted to check with those that have gone before.
Everyone brings in groceries. I would not try to fly in with them but the rules for boats and planes seem to be different. @ACrews is the only one I know that has been inspected and I understand they were only looking for value on his boat.

It is likely that Bahamas Customs and Immigration will meet us at Bimini Sands this year which increases the likelihood of their taking a look at our stores.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Everyone brings in groceries. I would not try to fly in with them but the rules for boats and planes seem to be different. @ACrews is the only one I know that has been inspected and I understand they were only looking for value on his boat.

It is likely that Bahamas Customs and Immigration will meet us at Bimini Sands this year which increases the likelihood of their taking a look at our stores.
Thats great about getting them to the sands for us though! I can't imagine them really going crazy about the amount of food. Especially when we are there to drop a ton of cash on the island!

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Not so much a dollar amount more about types of food I assume no fruits or nuts
some pointers for bringing and packing food from my experience . I don't bring anything in glass . Anything that could possibly be spilled for broken I put in zip locks for Extra Protection . For fruit I usually just bring a couple cans of canned fruit . I think the only perishables I bring are potatoes onions green peppers and bananas . Pack carefully , the following picture is a picture of my canned goods from two years ago . These were not scratch and dent canned items when I left Fort Lauderdale but this is what they look like 6 hours later arriving in the Bahamas !20150706_184238.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a thought for those that are considering piping the VHF audio through your stereo speakers, I find that playing music during the crossing is calming for everyone onboard. I have considered using an automatic A/B switch or mixing the signals. But for now I find adding an external speaker to the VHF to be a good compromise. In an ideal world I would use a headset with the fixed VHF. That may be possible by wiring into the "RAM3" connection that is used for a second handset if I can find a pinout.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, @Hector, @JKallay, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @DiverB, @Edgar Almonte, @fromrio, @Jr15g, @Justin Edwards, @Lakeboy, @Larry Robinson, @scubarick314, @TexasPilot71, @wallacerb, @MazzyDan, @1948Isaac, @ACrews do you guys have your reservations in if you plan to make them? @swatksi noticed that a group of possibly 130 jet skiers is planning to arrive on the 14th and some have made reservations at Bimini Sands. So if you want to make reservations that you have not yet made I suggesting getting them in fast.