• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. One of the first things I'll be doing is making sure everything on board is US approved. And I believe it is. Also hope to know soon if I'll be going. Got your message loud and clear about reservations. Hope they still have room when I figure out I can go. Have kids all on board but not the wife yet. Lol. Still working that. Will be having a heavy family discussion this weekend when daughter comes home from university for the weekend.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MazzyDan, your reservation is refundable. I would get something reserved.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
anyone bringing a drone?

I plan to and hope to get some good pictures and video footages! Would be awesome to do a group shot right outside of the bimini sands!
I believe at a minimum you need to have your drone licensed in the Bahamas and there also may be some type of import duty you have to pay when entering the country that you can try to reclaim when you leave. I'll try to find some more information.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 posted what he had learned about the Bahamas and drones earlier in this thread. There certainly are some potential issues with temporary inportation.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Deposit paid, just waiting on the email confirming which building. I can say that if you are looking for a ocean view one bed with loft they're all gone. I am not too worried about the room to tell you the truth. That's just a place to sleep.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I imagine we have booked up most of the ocean view units.

JKallay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, @Hector, @JKallay, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @DiverB, @Edgar Almonte, @fromrio, @Jr15g, @Justin Edwards, @Lakeboy, @Larry Robinson, @scubarick314, @TexasPilot71, @wallacerb, @MazzyDan, @1948Isaac, @ACrews do you guys have your reservations in if you plan to make them? @swatksi noticed that a group of possibly 130 jet skiers is planning to arrive on the 14th and some have made reservations at Bimini Sands. So if you want to make reservations that you have not yet made I suggesting getting them in fast.

Unit 11B
We will be traveling from Haulover Marina. We will meet everyone in Bimini.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe at a minimum you need to have your drone licensed in the Bahamas and there also may be some type of import duty you have to pay when entering the country that you can try to reclaim when you leave. I'll try to find some more information.
@Bill D you need it registered in the US and you actually need a letter of permission from the Bahamian government giving you permission to fly it while there. I actual have seen several reports now of them being confiscated by authorities in the Bahamas either while being flown with out permission or upon entry into the country with out a permission letter. All people were given the drone back upon departure. There are no fees or import taxes to use it in the Bahamas only import taxes if you are leaving it there. Below is a link to the thread where my post is that gives details about how to attain the letter. All that being said I have never seen water cops in Bimini in two trips but I would still recommend getting the letter.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboaters-net-bimini-fling-july-10th-to-15th-2017.11966/page-6#post-207135

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
its tighter than US regulation...

but i obliged and sent in the request to fly

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Horizon HX870 Floating 6W Handheld VHF

Thoughts? I don't want to mount a radio in my boat and I think this one would do fine.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Horizon HX870 Floating 6W Handheld VHF

Thoughts? I don't want to mount a radio in my boat and I think this one would do fine.
It's the one that I use. Gone to Bimini and back twice. Get the headset accessory for it.

fromrio

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, @Hector, @JKallay, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @DiverB, @Edgar Almonte, @fromrio, @Jr15g, @Justin Edwards, @Lakeboy, @Larry Robinson, @scubarick314, @TexasPilot71, @wallacerb, @MazzyDan, @1948Isaac, @ACrews do you guys have your reservations in if you plan to make them? @swatksi noticed that a group of possibly 130 jet skiers is planning to arrive on the 14th and some have made reservations at Bimini Sands. So if you want to make reservations that you have not yet made I suggesting getting them in fast.
Thanks for the heads up @Bruce. I've just emailed my reservation. I'm very excited now waiting for the confirmation email and at the same time nervous to get everything ready for the trip.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In Bimini we use VHF radios to communicate on land as well as on the water. Using a VHF radio on land in the US is illegal but it is common over there. You will be able call for the bus / taxi on channel 68. We will have a call to discuss daily activities every morning on channel 69.

My family always takes two or more so that if we split up we can call each other. A good example is when some of us go to the pool. I recommend a fixed VHF in the boat and a pair of cheap floating and waterproof handhelds.

This year I plan to attach a handheld VHF to everyone in my boats life jacket.

Last edited:

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In Bimini we use VHF radios to communicate on land as well as on the water. Using a VHF radio on land in the US is illegal but it is common over there. You will be able call for the bus / taxi on channel 68. We will have a call to discuss daily activities every morning on channel 69.

My family always takes two or more so that if we split up we can call each other. A good example is when some of us go to the pool. I recommend a fixed VHF in the boat and a pair of cheap floating and waterproof handhelds.

This year I plan to attach a handheld VHF to everyone in my boats life jacket.
Any recommendations for cheaper handheld? Don't think my son needs a $200 one. Also, which fixed would you recommend?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any recommendations for cheaper handheld? Don't think my son needs a $200 one. Also, which fixed would you recommend?
This may be a better deal on the 870 https://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-Horizon-HX870-Handheld-VHF-with-GPS-P4248.aspx

The $165 after rebate GX1700 with built in GPS and DSC calling is my recommendation for a fixed VHF
https://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-Horizon-GX1700-Explorer-GPS-White-VHF-Radio.aspx

A pair of these at $60 each after rebate would be good for handhelds https://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-Horizon-HX150-Handheld-Marine-VHF-Radio-P3493.aspx

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This may be a better deal on the 870 https://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-Horizon-HX870-Handheld-VHF-with-GPS-P4248.aspx

The $165 after rebate GX1700 with built in GPS and DSC calling is my recommendation for a fixed VHF
https://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-Horizon-GX1700-Explorer-GPS-White-VHF-Radio.aspx

A pair of these at $60 each after rebate would be good for handhelds https://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-Horizon-HX150-Handheld-Marine-VHF-Radio-P3493.aspx
So your telling me my nieces Hello Kitty or SpongeBob walkie talkies won't work ?damn more money i got to spend on Bimini lol