• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Bruce , can you help me find an Olympus Tough TG-4 for less then $250 refurbished? You have found some of the most killer deals I have seen on things!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce , can you help me find an Olympus Tough TG-4 for less then $250 refurbished? You have found some of the most killer deals I have seen on things!
Check out the Nikon Coolpix AW line. We have an AW120 that has been to Bimini and back three times. We often use it under water. The viewfinder and zoom are great to have.

Here is an AW110 for $210 or $120 used https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7N997O/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_uKZMyb63N2358

This video and many of our better pictures were captured with ours.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can someone point me in the direction of the form for bimini sands is? I just got off the phone with them and need to fill it out.

Sorry, I probably should know where it is but don't lol.
The first post in this thread. Instructions are on the second.

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here's the deal as a Canadian towing boat from Canada to Fort Lauderdale. I would clear customs at Detroit as normal. Tow to Fort Lauderdale which is just a quick hop skip and jump of 1500 miles:). Once there just launch boat and head to Bimini as usual with proper paperwork and all pre done. And coming back into Port Everglades just need to clear customs as usual. Now having an I-68 is only good they tell me coming not US from Canada. I will be coming in from the Bahamas so an SVRS would be good idea to have to be able to just do the call in reporting. If I had nothing then all is needed is to report in person. Simple. Lol. Right.

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now still trying to convince the wife to make this happen. I know time is running out to book condo.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now still trying to convince the wife to make this happen. I know time is running out to book condo.
Have you shared any of the great videos from previous trips with her?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would she let you take the kids and go? I am at the exact same spot...

--

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I haven't seen one women that doesn't like turquoise colored water and white sand !

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to share some videos tonight when she gets home. I've also contemplated leaving her behind. Lol. With the dog.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, @Hector, @JKallay, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @DiverB, @Edgar Almonte, @fromrio, @Jr15g, @Justin Edwards, @Lakeboy, @Larry Robinson, @scubarick314, @TexasPilot71, @wallacerb, @MazzyDan, @1948Isaac, @ACrews do you guys have your reservations in if you plan to make them? @swatksi noticed that a group of possibly 130 jet skiers is planning to arrive on the 14th and some have made reservations at Bimini Sands. So if you want to make reservations that you have not yet made I suggesting getting them in fast.
Bruce,
The dates might not work for me as I might have family coming in during that time, will not know until closer to May.
I have crossed before so my plan B is crossing around 6-23 with 3-4 other friends .

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce,

Bimini Sands has charged my credit card for the deposit. Waiting to hear building & room assignment

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rob9550, many, in non leadership positions, simply install Navionics USA on their phones and tablets and use it to navigate around Bimini. I did this for use in the Gulf in 2013. I bought a plotter after the mount I was using shattered in rough water.

I now use a Raymarine Dragonfly that has worked well for three Bimini trips. The small 4" versions are inexpensive. There are less expensive versions without transducers that do not include depth measurement or fish finding capability. Raymarine will likely have a rebate program in the spring.

If I were shopping now I would seriously consider the Sinrad Go product line. They offered rebates in the fall so there may not be any sales between now and Bimini.

The most important thing with any plotter is to make sure it has recent and relevant maps. Raymarine has started shipping many of their with Navionics Updates. Mine came with Gold charts but no updates. I had to spend another $100 to buy an Updates subscription to download charts for the areas I boat in.

Last edited:

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rob9550, many, in non leadership positions, simply install Navionics USA on their phones and tablets and use it to navigate around Bimini. I did this for use in the Gulf in 2013. I bought a plotter after the mount I was using shattered in rough water.

I now use a Raymarine Dragonfly that has worked well for three Bimini trips. The small 4" versions are inexpensive. There are less expensive versions without transducers that do not include depth measurement or fish finding capability. Raymarine will likely have a rebate program in the spring.

If I were shopping now I would seriously consider the Sinrad Go product line. They offered rebates in the fall so there may not be any sales between now and Bimini.

The most important thing with any plotter is to make sure it has recent and relevant maps. Raymarine has started shipping many of their with Navionics Updates. Mine came with Gold charts but no updates. I had to spend another $100 to buy an Updates subscription to download charts for the areas I boat in.
There is a boat show here in SC this weekend. I think I am going to see what they have there and make a decision. I may hold off on the chart plotter since I do have the Navionics on my phone. I haven't used it much so I need to get into it and really learn it. Will I need a cell signal to use Navionics or does it only run off of GPS?

Last edited:

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a boat show here in SC this weekend. I think I am going to see what they have there and make a decision. I may hold off on the chart plotter since I do have the Navionics on my phone. I haven't used it much so I need to get into it and really learn it. Will I need a cell signal to use Navionics or does it only run off of GPS?
You need to predownload the area you are going to then it just needs GPS after that.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rob9550, I do not know if boat shows really have good deals. The ones local to me do not.

Here is a Raymarine Dragonfly 4 with Navionics Gold charts for $237 + $11 shipping. The description seems to be erroneous but the part number E70294-NAG is consistent with having Avionics Gold Charts. At $248 delivered it is over $100 off of retail. You might be able to use it for the trip and sell it to get most of your money back afterward.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys, please hold off on Bahia Mar bookings. The hotel is going to offer us a group rate that will be a pretty substantial savings.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys, please hold off on Bahia Mar bookings. The hotel is going to offer us a group rate that will be a pretty substantial savings.
I have already booked...
Hopefully I will be able to cancel and re-book at the cheaper rate.