• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I spent 10 scanning through the posts, and I can't find the one that I'm looking for. Some Floridians had suggested a fresh water dip into some amazing spring-fed lake after we return from Bimini. What was the name of the lake? It's something that I want to do, and I assume that the painted-trailer folks, like @Betik, would like to do it.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you post that place again?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I spent 10 scanning through the posts, and I can't find the one that I'm looking for. Some Floridians had suggested a fresh water dip into some amazing spring-fed lake after we return from Bimini. What was the name of the lake? It's something that I want to do, and I assume that the painted-trailer folks, like @Betik, would like to do it.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you post that place again?
Pretty sure it was @2nazt

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
silver glen springs was what I remember...

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
silver glen springs was what I remember...
Thanks @blacksapphirez ... @Betik, I'm planning on hitting Silver Glen Springs after I return from Bimini. It seems like a worthwhile place to check out, and the added bonus is that we can rinse our boats and trailers. ... after that, I'm thinking of hitting Lake Powell on my way to Canada. You're welcome to tag along.:)

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks @blacksapphirez ... @Betik, I'm planning on hitting Silver Glen Springs after I return from Bimini. It seems like a worthwhile place to check out, and the added bonus is that we can rinse our boats and trailers. ... after that, I'm thinking of hitting Lake Powell on my way to Canada. You're welcome to tag along.:)
I will more than likely stop also... maybe @Bill D ?

since we have to break up the drive anyway...

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
leave Bimini 6am
arrive Ft. Lauderdale 9am
leave Ft. Lauderdale 10am
Arrive Silver Glen Springs say around 3pm
Play around till sun set

its my master game plan lol :D

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bryan Martini was able to get his discounted Bahia Mar rooms this morning.

My current understanding is that there are 1 room with two doubles and 3 king rooms remaining at the discounted rate.

I have asked Bahia Mar to allocate more discounted rooms but before I push too hard I would like to know who still needs a room at Bahia Mar. Please let me know if you do.

Thanks
Still need a double queen

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
leave Bimini 6am
arrive Ft. Lauderdale 9am
leave Ft. Lauderdale 10am
Arrive Silver Glen Springs say around 3pm
Play around till sun set

its my master game plan lol :D
I give waaay more timeframe for customs, lol. I figured by the time my family and i get in the truck it's noon. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did mention Silver Glen on the way north. @Speedling if you do the SVRS you may not have customs on the way home.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I did mention Silver Glen on the way north. @Speedling if you do the SVRS you may not have customs on the way home.
I have interview set for 4/14. Which where I will do some bimini simulations going in and out of the inlet, getting the feel of the waves in open waters

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well, i would needto meet at midway airport it looks like. I may prefer to spend 4 hours in Florida.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, i would needto meet at midway airport it looks like. I may prefer to spend 4 hours in Florida.
Book an appointment to do it in Florida. Many people who have done this trip have done that. I know some literally have booked and done it the same day down there but I would go ahead and make an appointment you will get your number to file a float plan that day down there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Book an appointment to do it in Florida. Many people who have done this trip have done that. I know some literally have booked and done it the same day down there but I would go ahead and make an appointment you will get your number to file a float plan that day down there.
Thats good to know! Perhaps call for it en route after i know when i can be there.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys, the biggest issue with checking back into the US is not walking your passports through the office outside Port Everglades but the phone call to check in before you leave HarborTowne. I have never found a delay of more than a few minutes at the customs office.

I will be calling the Florida call center people to ask them to staff up for July 15th. They were overwhelmed with 20 something calls last year.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce for the SVRS it is the float plan and a phone call when you return right? Unless they tell you to come to the customs office correct?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce for the SVRS it is the float plan and a phone call when you return right? Unless they tell you to come to the customs office correct?
Correct but expect the phone call to take a couple of minutes, they ask a lot of questions.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last year some of us spent hours on hold to make that call. You make the same call whether you have SVRS or not.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not that I recommend it, but we forgot to make the phone call last year. I believe someone called @DieselCamel a couple weeks later asking if we ever made it back. Yup. Ok. We were all SVRS and had filed a float plan.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys, the biggest issue with checking back into the US is not walking your passports through the office outside Port Everglades but the phone call to check in before you leave HarborTowne. I have never found a delay of more than a few minutes at the customs office.

I will be calling the Florida call center people to ask them to staff up for July 15th. They were overwhelmed with 20 something calls last year.

Last year some of us spent hours on hold to make that call. You make the same call whether you have SVRS or not.
Correct but there are multiple numbers to call. If you are waiting try one of the other numbers. I can not remember which ones I called last year but I got stuck on hold forever and finally called a different number and got immediately through. I think it was the 877 number that I got through on but do not remember for sure I think the 877 number is the call center for filed plans the other numbers direct you to customs.

1-800-432-1216 or 1-800-451-0393 or 1-877-330-7327

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Correct but there are multiple numbers to call. If you are waiting try one of the other numbers. I can not remember which ones I called last year but I got stuck on hold forever and finally called a different number and got immediately through. I think it was the 877 number that I got through on but do not remember for sure I think the 877 number is the call center for filed plans the other numbers direct you to customs.

1-800-432-1216 or 1-800-451-0393 or 1-877-330-7327
I tried them all but I was at the back of the pack. The average wait for the call center was likely closer to 30 minutes than the couple of hours that @chris24 and I were on hold.

Regardless they said they would staff up if I warned them when we were returning this year.