• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1948Isaac, @Amar Nanduri, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @Betik, @Bill D, @Bruce, @Bryan Martini, @ClemsonTiger, @DiverB, @Drift Away, @Edgar Almonte, @GMAN2015, @Glen, @Hamp, @Hector, @JKallay, @JROD, @Jim Hernandez, @Jr15g, @Julian, @Justin Edwards, @Kevin Sargent, @LOZBum, @Lakeboy, @Larry Robinson, @MrMoose, @NorgaR01, @Ramblin Wreck, @Rick215HO, @Rob Schultz, @Rob9550, @Skroggy66, @Speedling, @TexasPilot71, @ThatJeepGuy, @Valerie, @Water Girl, @Yadel, @blacksapphirez, @chris24, @fromrio, @hobineros, @jaburt, @jayasaki138, @scubarick314, @shaun lawson, @swatski, @tim h

Our group reservation link for the Bahia Mar DoubleTree is finally ready. You can book at http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/F/FLLBMDT-JET-20170706/index.jhtml

The group rate is $109 for a partial ocean view. Self parking is discounted to $15 although I doubt the parking discount will extend to boats and trailers. My total was $120.99 including taxes.

The form allows for and defaults to booking 3 days before and after the 9th to 10th stay that we need. You will save a little time if you change that on the first pass.

If you already have a reservation you can call 1-954-764-2233 using the group name JetBoaters and group code JET to convert your reservation to the group which I believe will save you around $50 over the published rates I have seen.

@MrMoose has posted reservation instructions for discounted slips at the Bahia Mar Yachting Center in this post https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboaters-net-bimini-fling-july-10th-to-15th-2017.11966/page-46#post-215832

The reservations that you need to have in place are Bimini Sands or an alternate place to stay in Bimini for July 1oth to 15th, Bahia Mar Doubletree for July 9th to 10th and a slip at the Bahia Mar Yachting Center for July 9th to 10th.

Any body having any problems booking a room, I cant get the discount price and was told the block of rooms was booked up already

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any body having any problems booking a room, I cant get the discount price and was told the block of rooms was booked up already
The link to book online seems to be working. Have you tried it? I will contact the hotel to ask about the status of our block tomorrow. Initially we were allocated 20 rooms but they are supposed to add to that as needed.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
$20 including a case. Deal!
Should suffice for the trip if I understand correctly

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez, my local Walmart had a similar deal. I almost picked one up despite already having all of those supplies in my boat.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
it does expire this year...but not before Bimini! haha

flares alone cost $25 so for $5 less, I got a smoke signal, airhorn, mirror and a case :)

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The link to book online seems to be working. Have you tried it? I will contact the hotel to ask about the status of our block tomorrow. Initially we were allocated 20 rooms but they are supposed to add to that as needed.
The link brought me to the site but wouldn't let me book at the discounted rate. I called the # listed and they gave me a price of 159 per night, but said they didn't have any availability

Last edited by a moderator:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would maybe add a flare gun than relying on only hand flares. If you're out on the water and needed to signal a boat or aircraft it would be hard for them to see you on the horizon. That kit thankfully comes with an orange smoke flare too so at least it would provide some visibility at distance but it only comes with one smoke flare. Hopefully you'll never have to use any of that stuff but it's best to be fully prepared. Don't forget toilet paper for those true 'oh crap' boating emergencies :D!

Attachments

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The link brought me to the site but wouldn't let me book at the discounted rate. I called the # listed and they gave me a price of 159 per night, but said they didn't have any availability
What date(s) and room types are you trying for. I just tried to make an online reservation for July 9th to 10th (the night we need) and was shown that only king bed rooms were available in our discounted block. I checked the booking system outside of our block and saw lots of availability. I sent an email to ask about increasing our block size earlier. I will call tomorrow. I think it would be very unlikely that Bahia Mar would be sold out this early. In past years I only know of one or two people who could not get in and they booked within days of our stay.

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.18.45 PM.png

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
July 8th thru the 10th 2 Queen beds

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jadams0527 has registered to captain Family Jet with a crew of 2 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of Apopka.

The crew is described as: Jeremy (Captain), Dana (Wife), Jayson 6yrs old, Ethan 5yrs old

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond
Glad to have you.

Did you see the reservation info in the second post https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboaters-net-bimini-fling-july-10th-to-15th-2017.11966/#post-205534 ?

Please let me know your condo assignment when your reservation is completed. This serves as a double check that no one is double booked and to help me keep a list of who is actually going.

We seem to have used up our blocked up two queen rooms at the Bahia Mar Hotel. I expect that allocation will be increased sometime tomorrow.

Thanks

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you able to launch at the hotel?

We launch and leave trucks and trailers at HarborTowne.

The discount is only good for bookings before June 6th.

Most leave for home after arriving back at HarborTowne.
Are you

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you able to launch at the hotel?
Bahia Mar is a very nice yacht club facility with a hotel. From my searching it is the only location in the area that could handle a group of our size. But they do not have a launch ramp. That is why we launch and leave our vehicles at HarborTowne.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bryan Martini was able to get his discounted Bahia Mar rooms this morning.

My current understanding is that there are 1 room with two doubles and 3 king rooms remaining at the discounted rate.

I have asked Bahia Mar to allocate more discounted rooms but before I push too hard I would like to know who still needs a room at Bahia Mar. Please let me know if you do.

Thanks

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bahia Mar (Hotel) is adding 10 x 2 double bed rooms that were renovated in 2016 in the marina building to our discounted block at a rate of $119. They should be available for booking tomorrow evening.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length