• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, @Valerie, tomorrow's wave forecast looks good at less than 1.5' but the the wind is closer to 15 MPH than I would like.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
What sucks is they aren't from Florida so it's not a play by ear trip for them like it would be for me and i know how disappointed I was when I made the decision to postpone our trip last year
And I agree Safety first! When it's only you that you have to be accountable for its a whole nother playing field add a spouse, child or friends into that equation the game completely changes.
I hope things improve for them and the weather just keeps improving until we return!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Valerie thanks for the update as I was watching the weather I had kind of figured they would be stopped in Bimini the forecast was not ideal for the trip they were planning. I'm glad they made it there safe. The Scarab boats they are in are not self draining if I remember correctly which make the wave conditions even more important they likely made the correct choice to delay. The weather looks spotty at best through out most of the week but hopefully they catch their window and continue on in a safe manor I truly understand their situation as when we did Exuma last year we had to start a few days early due to the not so hot weather forecast and I missed out on taking my ski across but it was the correct choice for the group. We leave in two weeks for Abaco and praying we get an accommodating forecast.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, @Valerie, tomorrow's wave forecast looks good at less than 1.5' but the the wind is closer to 15 MPH than I would like.
As you and I both know @Bruce with the winds the way they are that forecast of 1.5ft will probably not hold true they would still probably have a bumpy ride across the bank but who knows what the tongue will look like.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are on fence about buying trim tabs for this trip please read this.

Today we were out on choppy lake (20mph winds and white tops at the waves). Since this was our last trial prior to the Florida drive; the back up captain had to drive the boat for the second half of the day. The moment she sat on the helm, her first question was " how I deploy the trim tabs?" I asked why and she said, "I like to keep my kidneys in place, thank you very much".

Apparently the first half of the day she had noticed the difference on the ride with or without tabs.

29 days to go......

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Can't help you Full throttle staying on top of the chop as best as I can on a ski I have no idea what a boat would do...... just trying to keep my visor and sunglasses on

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you doing a lottery for group positions?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you doing a lottery for group positions?
Groups will be assigned to spread out equipment and experience levels amongst the groups.

No group is better than any other with the exception that the first group out has the highest risk. Once we are in Bimini we will dock and wait for customs to come to us. The order of check in will have more to do with the location of your condo than when you arrive.

Last year I was the first to Bimini and the last back to the US. I was not the first to clear into Bimini or the last to clear into the US.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Groups will be assigned to spread out equipment and experience levels amongst the groups.

No group is better than any other with the exception that the first group out has the highest risk. Once we are in Bimini we will dock and wait for customs to come to us. The order of check in will have more to do with the location of your condo than when you arrive.

Last year I was the first to Bimini and the last back to the US. I was not the first to clear into Bimini or the last to clear into the US.
Did you get confirmation that Customs is coming to the sands?

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Thanks for the clarification. Amazed by the level of effort you guys have put into this for all of us.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Just filled out my customs paperwork......trying to appear busy at work
Im pretty sure this is gonna be the longest 27 days EVER!!!!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
good info from none other than.. out on the reef

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Man it's quiet in here!!!

Theres a group crossing Thursday morning.....please keep them in your thoughts for a smooth uneventful trip!
:)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man it's quiet in here!!!

Theres a group crossing Thursday morning.....please keep them in your thoughts for a smooth uneventful trip!
:)
I saw some pics it looks like the other crew did eventually make it to Nassau.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are most people buying yellow flags for when we arrive and awaiting for customs? I see Amazon has them for $5

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Any YELLOW shirt will do...
you will only fly it from arrival until you return to your boat AFTER clearing customs and Immigration

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are most people buying yellow flags for when we arrive and awaiting for customs? I see Amazon has them for $5
Having something yellow to fly will be important this year as we will pull into Bimini Sands, hopefully to our assigned dockage, then wait for customs and immigrations to come to our boats. Not having a yellow flag will likely mean that you clear last.