• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
as we will pull into Bimini Sands, hopefully to our assigned dockage, then wait for customs and immigrations to come to our boats.
Ummmm, I was expecting a solid three hour break from my wife after the crossing. :D

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok got it. Ok dumb question, but I am making sure all bases are covered now. We have our room and slip reserved in Ft Lauderdale for the 9th, and the condo is paid for at Bimini, I assume the slip at Bimini is included in our weekly rate, is that correct?

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@DiverB driving that distance you may want to consider on arriving to FLL Saturday ...
Just in case you run in to trouble towing that distance, and weather is ok on Sunday but not so nice on Monday

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yea we will actually be arriving on Saturday and staying a day at my parents condo in West Palm Beach, then drive down to Ft Lauderdale. OK I just sent Beth a quick e-mail to arrange a slip for the week, this is why I'm glad I asked the question! Thanks

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I assume the slip at Bimini is included in our weekly rate, is that correct?
Slip rental is still a mystery even to me. Unfortunately it is one that is likely to remain mysterious until after the 4th. We should have Bimini Sands full attention after that.

The condo rental staff in the US do not have the authority to charge for or assign slips. That will be handled by the dock master in Bimini. They know how many we need.

The dock master is supposed to assign our dockage before we depart so that we can park in our own spots when we arrive.

We are concentrated around the pool area. Unfortunately that area does not have fingers for slips. It is just a boardwalk. Many of us will end up on that boardwalk. Other may end up sharing fingers of slips. I have insisted that they assign dockage where any boat would be able to get out at any time. Although there are so many of us that we are going to fill the marina.

We were quoted $50 per boat per night for dockage when we started making reservations. I have confirmation from the POA that the rates will not be higher than that. Hopefully they will be less but there is minimal upside to the marina operator to deal with the hassle of having so many of us there.

I plan to take cash to pay for my dockage. You should be able to pay by card but Bahamian transactions sometimes cause fraud warnings.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info Bruce. Wifey has been ratt stashing cash for the trip, and I will talk to her tonight about just using some of that to pay for the slip. We can use credit/debit cards for fuel enroute to FL and for filling up prior to the crossing.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to get a close or exact count of jet skis crossing with us.

@JROD, @chris24 and @Valerie I know you each have one but may be bringing friends. Could you let me know how many.

@S Elgin, I have you down for two skis.

If anyone else is bringing jet skis along please let me know.

For those that have not been before the customs clearance process and cost is the same for a ski as for a boat ($150) and due to minimum length fees you should expect to pay $50 a day for dockage.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I went in May. I talked to Beth at US office and she put me in the system as needing dockage, took boat name length and nights staying, and I arrived and received slip and payed upon leaving.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I went in May. I talked to Beth at US office and she put me in the system as needing dockage, took boat name length and nights staying, and I arrived and received slip and payed upon leaving.
Thanks, the management in Bimini, which has changed since you were there, is well aware of the amount of dockage that we need.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Allison Kasper has registered to captain Jet Skis with a crew of 2 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Reigelwood, NC.

The crew is described as:

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond
Glad to have you.

Please post your condo number once it is assigned. We use these to confirm who is going and check that no one is double booked.

You may want to order your group shirt(s) as well. There is two days left to get orders in - online portal to order your Bimini Fling Shirts

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do we need to call Bimini Sands to reserve slip?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do we need to call Bimini Sands to reserve slip?
No, your reservation form included the description of your vessel(s). Bimini Sands is aware of the dockage we need. They will assign our docking locations before we depart for Bimini. You will need to pay someone in Bimini for your dockage after arriving.

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice article. So wish I was going this year. I enjoy reading all the posts and although I don't chime in much here I continue to follow the post. And I keep showing the wife what we are missing out this year. I have her convinced to go next year and hope you have just as big a group. I am very envious of all that are going this year and wish you all a safe voyage.

Allison Kasper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member