• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spoke with @blacksapphirez and he said both him and Bill had their anchor lockers padded for the prep. 6' waves though I guess think it really mattered what pads you use if it comes underdone and slams around in there as you pound waves.
Dang. I think it best to just remove it from the anchor locker for the crossing based on this.

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw another Towboat US vessel go out the inlet a couple of minutes ago. Not sure if they went out to help with the Island Girl Tow, or just a coincidence. If there is an active leak, they would usually place a second towboat alongside to keep pumping her out when they slow down to no-wake speed. If that is the case, then I would suspect either an exhaust hose or scupper came off, or something breached the hull.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BillD will be heading to Harbor Towne to put his boat back on the trailer then he and i will attempt a second crossing

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If my anchor was in the bow I would probably move it as well. If it breaks those cheap plastic locking things then the anchor literally turns into a sharp wrecking ball in there. :(

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really sucks it happened to Bill. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and gal. I haven't checked my BoatUS coverage but hopefully since it was only a few miles off the coast that it will be fully covered. I offered to help him fix it if possible so long as we keep the beer flowing!

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did they just pull through towing Island Girls boat?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
was that the BoatUS tow group just came in?

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I couldn't tell. I saw a whole fleet of TowBoat US vessels and one regular boat, but it didn't look like a yamaha to me, and unless it was on a VERY long tow line, it looked like it came in on it's own power.

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
they are all stopped now in the middle of the turning basin, so very possible. Probably switching off to a hip tow, or at least a shorter line.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
was that the BoatUS tow group just came in?
That's what it looked like to me. 4 - 5 red boats with a white one in the middle. His profile says it's a 26 foot boat so not a Yamaha

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looked like the Tow boat just tied it along side.. same thing they did with mine..

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When is the rest of the group making 2nd attempt?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That one guy keeps saying "aight homes, homie" :D

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BillD will be heading to Harbor Towne to put his boat back on the trailer then he and i will attempt a second crossing
Put the cruise on 25mph, crack a cold one or two or more and enjoy the ride gentlemen. I have a feeling this attempt will be a bit different experience then the first. Have fun!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Weather window looks ok so far to Bimini. Just cloudy but I haven't checked sea forecasts. Pop some aspirin, take a shot (or two) and hammer down boys!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that an idle zone? That boat just came flying in!

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
just read on THT that Island Girl had a cracked hull. Curious about that one now

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The "Slow Speed" zone starts at the right side of the image. Some people come off plane further out, but others fly in all the way to the marker (Behind that palm tree on the far right edge) where the Slow Speed sign is located.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang sorry to hear all this happened to everyone. Hope everyone can make it over there and enjoy the week.