• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r do you have any good connections at Phil Dill that could possibly help, I could easily pick it up and fedex it

Hamp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you need to be picked up from north Bimini when you arrive?
Thanks for responding Valerie. I didn't have internet connection upon arrival. I took a taxi and her now at poolside. Thanks a bunch!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is number 14. I have a 2012 242 limited s.
I would check Brown's Hardware I think its on North Bimini and see if they have a bolt that is the same thread size I dont know that we could get anything fedex over there that quick unless we could get it to the group thats crossing Friday but it is probably to late for that as well at this point if they are leaving early in the morning Friday.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I know Toby, the GM. But did I read that both freight carriers can't deliver before next week? Someone could sure pick it up and overnight it to Florida and someone going could carry it. I am on a trip until Friday evening, so I can't. But if I had part numbers I could call Toby...in the next 10 minutes as it is almost 5 and I am Departing for Tucson just after as well.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Scottintexas , I put in a call to Toby but got voicemail. I left a message and indicated the urgency. Is the part number posted above for part #14 correct? How many knobs are needed?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Certainly there is someone on Bimini that has access to bolts. If you measure the pitch and diameter of the bolt, you may be able to use a common bolt to secure it with a wrench or ratchet. Just an idea.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just read back up and see @robert843 suggested Browns hardware on Bimini.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe they are a typical 3/8 thread. See if a bolt washers and a double nut will get you back home.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to give a huge shout out to Cycle Springs in Clearwater Florida.

During our crossing we had a tower knob begin to back out of its mount. As it backed out the threads on the knob were compromised and we could no longer tighten down the knob so the tower was only being held by one side. I called Cycle Springs at 5:40 pm on Tuesday afternoon and explained my "opportunity " to Eddie the parts manager.
He quickly took my information and began locating the parts from other states as there is none in Florida. I get a call later that night from Eddie telling me he found the parts in Georgia and is overnighting them to Ft Lauderdale to catch an international charter plane to Bimini the following day. We're expecting them to show up tomorrow afternoon. Words can't describe how thankful I am....

EDIT: The knob didn't arrive....

Last edited:

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac and @Ramblin Wreck This is unacceptable you guys go over there repping the Exuma/Abaco crew and you can't get there in under 2 hours I can't even begin to explain the disappointment that @Andy S and I feel right now. Atleast @JROD had an excuse he was in 4-6ft seas and probably didn't have a gps so he had to stay with the boats. J/K I hope you guys have a great time.
Lol.. @robert843. @Ramblin Wreck just wanted to cruise so blame him...lol. we had a bit of weather but we made it fine.... we are here but we miss you guys @Andy S @robert843

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, just wow!
I just finnished from the first post on monday to page 169, and what a nail-bitting adventure for all of you all!
Glad to hear everyone is safe.
Sorry for the lost ski, banged up boats, seperated families, etc...
@swatski you deffinitly get the biggest bummer award for sure. Your girls are pretty awesome!
I know how i would feel about my new boat being banged up

Have fun all and safe returns
Jamie

Ps, did we ever get a confirmation on Island Girl's boat. Cracked hull?

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been to Cycle Springs as I was searching for a place to buy my boat and my limited one day interaction with them was great. They are what every Yamaha dealer should strive to emulate. Hats off to CYCLE SPRINGS. :thumbsup:[flag][flag][flag][flag]

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Does anyone know how to get to north bimini for groceries ?
Or If someone is going that way tomorrow can you give me a lift
My handheld VHF fell and broke during crossing, forum is the only I can communicate
Cab to water taxi about a mile walk, turn left when exit Bimini Sands, cost 6 bucks for two. Water taxi to Bimini north is 2 bucks a person. There is a small market across BIG Game Club about 3/4 miles to the right after U exit water taxi dock. Don't forget the Bimini bread, it is very good!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been to Cycle Springs as I was searching for a place to buy my boat and my limited one day interaction with them was great. They are what every Yamaha dealer should strive to emulate. Hats off to CYCLE SPRINGS. :thumbsup:[flag][flag][flag][flag]
Thats werw i got mine and a a few others did as well. Great guys there

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I was just thinking the same thing @Neutron ...

Any word on Island Girl?? I was very worried reading the post about her bailing and taking on water. Glad Sea Tow made it to her and go her moving back inland. Fingers crossed

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just thinking the same thing @Neutron ...

Any word on Island Girl?? I was very worried reading the post about her bailing and taking on water. Glad Sea Tow made it to her and go her moving back inland. Fingers crossed
Island Girl made it back to Ft Lauderdale unsure of the condition of the vessel but it didn't sound great. @Hamp was the captain and below was what he said.

"Good morning all! Eric here, I would like to extend my thanks to everyone for checking up on me. I've been reading up on the post and I'm happy to hear that everyone is safe. My friend that was with me got bumped around a bit and decided to take a flight back home. Me...like you all, I'm still in the fight and on my way to Bimini by boat, just not mines! Lol. I'm taking the Ferry and will be arriving about 11 am. My boat (Island Girl)... let's just say she didn't like the landings! Tim H, thanks for everything. I would love to partake in some of the activities on the water and would love to accompany anyone who is would accept me. Again, thanks and see everyone soon."