• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
7G is now available for crabs. Family is 100% out and I remain 100% for the crossing :eek:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
38 days till 4th of july! Get packing!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
keep-calm-and-prepare-yourself-1.png

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This may be a good option for anyone who does not have a plotter.

Raymarine has a Fathers Day sale on plotters.

The $299 deal on the closeout A78 touchscreen plotter with a transom mount transducer is a particularly good deal.

I am uncertain if these deals come with charts. If not you may be able to use free Light House Charts or you may wish to buy Navionics charts which could cost $150 to $250 for your chosen area.

http://www.raymarine.com/fathersday/

steven rivera

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think I've asked in the past, but my wife was being a little more specific about condo amenities.
Stove?
Oven?
Pans?
We were thinking skip the milk and eggs and go pancakes/waffles with some fruit and such. She would need a griddle and a stove with spatula etc. I'm sure someone has done this before.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stove:yes
Oven:yes
Pans: yes

all units are different but I am fairly positive stove and oven are 99.99% guaranted to be there and the pan is more like 90%.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I've asked in the past, but my wife was being a little more specific about condo amenities.
Stove?
Oven?
Pans?
We were thinking skip the milk and eggs and go pancakes/waffles with some fruit and such. She would need a griddle and a stove with spatula etc. I'm sure someone has done this before.
The condos are outfitted by the owners. They all have a stove, oven, pans, dishes, washer, dryer, linens, towels, etc. The owners use the same gear when they are there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Stove:yes
Oven:yes
Pans: yes

all units are different but I am fairly positive stove and oven are 99.99% guaranted to be there and the pan is more like 90%.
I guess if she needs something we'll raid someone else as well! One way to make friends!
Checking lists from other group and compiling for ourselves.
I haven't even got to take the boat out this year which makes me sad. Both of my jobs keep thinking I can work lots of extra hours lately. I mean, it's good for right before a vacation, but I GOTTA TEST the thing!
My neighbor friends even bailed last weekend on helping get my tower on the boat, so I don't even have that right now! Ugh... I always get it done, I'm just not a skin of the teeth kinda guy. I'm more like, lets research this bolt for 3 years before I install it into the tower.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
let put it this way. There is a huge benefit about not having a tower. @swatski can tell you all about it. LOL

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
let put it this way. There is a huge benefit about not having a tower. @swatski can tell you all about it. LOL
Believe me, If the bimini wasn't attached to it, I would probably go towerless! I sold the stock bimini and poles to someone on here last year or the year before. The bimini with this tower is actually about as big or BIGGER slightly than the oem one I had. Although I think my oem was smaller slightly than the 230 or 240 series boats bimini on non tower boats. In any case, we love it.
I do get super paranoid about the tower because like most forward swept towers it has a lot of sway. There is no way to collapse my tower unless you actually had bolts fall out or sheer off and I threadlock everything a ton, have extra bolts, and keep threadlocker in the glovebox. @swatski's story has me freaked out.
I have done a good bit of testing on Lake Michigan, and my mounts are far superior to what I originally installed.
But now it's time pack!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski can also tell you how to get shade without a tower LMAO

Disclaimer: I like to tag him with every opportunity I get because he is addicted and eventually he will give in :winkingthumbsup"

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't even got to take the boat out this year which makes me sad. Both of my jobs keep thinking I can work lots of extra hours lately. I mean, it's good for right before a vacation, but I GOTTA TEST the thing!
My neighbor friends even bailed last weekend on helping get my tower on the boat, so I don't even have that right now! Ugh... I always get it done, I'm just not a skin of the teeth kinda guy. I'm more like, lets research this bolt for 3 years before I install it into the tower.
While it's probably none of my business since I'm not going with this group, you have a responsibility to the rest of the group to make sure your boat is 100%.
With 5 weeks to go your vessel should be tested and complete. If not then you're a liability to everyone else. Thousands of dollars of other people's money are relying on you're boat being seaworthy.

Just my opinion....

Edit...
After reading this to my GF she says that I'M A DICK.....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
While it's probably none of my business since I'm not going with this group, you have a responsibility to the rest of the group to make sure your boat is 100%.
With 5 weeks to go your vessel should be tested and complete. If not then you're a liability to everyone else. Thousands of dollars of other people's money are relying on you're boat being seaworthy.

Just my opinion....

Edit...
After reading this to my GF she says that I'M A DICK.....
lol!
Boat runs and and drove it etc. just needs that tower. Guess what, friends backed out on helping put it on so they could go play at in laws, leaving me towerless.
Or... I could just take a day off work once and use the forklift, lol!
We also have had a crappy spring.
I took it off for the boat cover guy to make a nice boat cover for towing etc. and he took much longer than he/we anticipated.
But yes, I agree, It will be tested. It's been tested last few years, just had to take it off for this cover. It's not like a brand new thing.
Stop rubbing it in that I haven't had it out yet, I'm already pissed about it!