• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are the forecasts that we reviewed this morning. If you would like to see the rainfall amounts have a look at https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/south_bimini . The wave finder wave forecasts are not specifically for Bimini but extend out into the Gulf Stream. If you want to see wave forecasts for Bimini while we are there look at http://www.sailflow.com/map#26.148,-78.5,9,1,83357,2

Sailflow Sunday

IMG_4628.png

Sailflow Thursday

IMG_4629.png

Passage Weather Sunday

IMG_4630.png

Passage Weather Thursday

IMG_4631.png

Buoy Weather Sunday

IMG_4632.png

Buoy Weather Thursday

IMG_4633.png

Windfinder Sunday

IMG_4635.png

Windfinder Saturday

IMG_4636.png

@Murf'n'surf, @justason, @upperdeck, do you agree with our decision to go based on Sunday based on this forecast data?

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I called and changed my Bahia Mar and slip reservation from Sunday night to Saturday night no problems.

954-764-2233 .... click for marina first to change slip then have them transfer you to hotel...one call...easy and nice!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called Bimini Sands, and I was told that there is nothing available on Sunday. Hilton at Resorts World Bimini has rooms (1-888-930-8688). Their cancellation policy is 72 hrs, so if the crossing is canceled, then you'll lose your money.
For dockage, I have attached two forms. One specifies the rates, and the other is the registration form. Fill it out, and email it to marina@rwbimini.com

I have not canceled my Bahia Mar reservation for Sunday yet. If we have a last minute cancellation, I'm going to take a calm cruise down to Miami via the icw, and then back to Bahia Mar before heading somewhere on the gulf side. I figure why not get to see some of the area since we've towed all the way there.

Attachments

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have no doubt that I could make it to Bimini safely if I were by myself with a light load. However, I was looking for some "adventure" and I feel this adventure now exceeds my crews limitations. We all signed up knowing it was a possibility but there are too many negative or unknown variables for us to make the crossing this year. We will just have to wait another long year to make the crossing to Bimini. For those going, be safe! @Bruce, thank you for the time you have put in to making this trip a success! You have answered every question I have thrown at you and we hope everyone that is making the crossing has a safe and fun-filled vacation.

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here are the forecasts that we reviewed this morning. If you would like to see the rainfall amounts have a look at https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/south_bimini . The wave finder wave forecasts are not specifically for Bimini but extend out into the Gulf Stream. If you want to see wave forecasts for Bimini while we are there look at http://www.sailflow.com/map#26.148,-78.5,9,1,83357,2

Sailflow Sunday

View attachment 39370

Sailflow Thursday

View attachment 39371

Passage Weather Sunday

View attachment 39372

Passage Weather Thursday

View attachment 39373

Buoy Weather Sunday

View attachment 39374

Buoy Weather Thursday

View attachment 39375

Windfinder Sunday

View attachment 39377

Windfinder Saturday

View attachment 39378

@Murf'n'surf, @justason, @upperdeck, do you agree with our decision to go based on Sunday based on this forecast data?

Well stated and thought thru @Bruce The Sunday crossing looks manageable. Keep them on plane, get comfortable in the seats and the chance or two to take flight on the rogue hit. Captains will get a workout on steering and be sure not to focus too hard the immediate area in front of the bow and climb up on the guy in front of you. gear wil shift and towers will need to be re-tightened so expect some random stopping.

Bimini is always awesome ...rain or shine, of course shine preferred.....

Not sure how to gauge the return trip, too many variables pending. As you stated the learning of the original crossing and a lighter boat will be in your favor.

glad to see things are working out/improving. Its an amazing trip and the bragging rights earned will last years......Someone snag me a cuban cigar !!

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
About to set out from Texas...just wondering if anyone is still going to do something besides for those that are coming to Florida in or not going to Bimini, I'm going to put together a small list of unique things to? Ideas kicked around on this forum earlier included Clearwater, Siesta Key and Destin. We are definitely headed to Florida but very uncertain about the crossing itself.
I live in Florida. If I have time before I leave for Bimini I will post a few suggestions of things to do in Florida, that you might not have normally heard of. Here's just one suggestion is Venice Beach. It is unique because sharks teeth wash up on the beach. The beach is almost black.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called Bimini Sands, and I was told that there is nothing available on Sunday. Hilton at Resorts World Bimini has rooms (1-888-930-8688). Their cancellation policy is 72 hrs, so if the crossing is canceled, then you'll lose your money.
For dockage, I have attached two forms. One specifies the rates, and the other is the registration form. Fill it out, and email it to marina@rwbimini.com
I just called Bimini sands and was able to book Sunday night as well

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bimini Sands just added the 19th to our stay!!! EASY

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bahia Mar and Slip Changed to Saturday the 18th......Bimini Sands Added night of 19th!! Don't leave message Bimini Sands....hang up and keep calling till they answer....lol

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
With a broken heart I have moved our reservation to July 27th
I called the sands a day or two ago and our unit was available for Sunday and for the Saturday after
It is now available for the whole time
It is 15H
https://www.vrbo.com/838658

I will be sending positive vibes for you guys do have a safe crossing and a great time over there I hope the weather forecast changes for the better!!
I'm sad I won't be meeting you all this year, but count me in for next year!
Just to let you know I have learned a ton from you guys from last years and this years threads! You guys are great!!!:)

Jim Hernandez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
At this point do we have a count of how many boats are still headed to Lauderdale planing on going to Bimini on Sunday?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I have not canceled my Bahia Mar reservation for Sunday yet. If we have a last minute cancellation, I'm going to take a calm cruise down to Miami via the icw, and then back to Bahia Mar before heading somewhere on the gulf side. I figure why not get to see some of the area since we've towed all the way there.
CORRECTION.... Thanks to those of you who have shared that you were able to book into Bimini Sands on the 19th. I just called them back and Jonisha found me a place for one night. I guess that it all depends on who answers the phone.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've also been able to move my reservation up to Sunday so me & my crew are set.

javi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are cancelling for this year. Have a great time everyone and please be safe.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Getting more optimistic

image.jpeg

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just cancelled unfortunately. Going to the Yamaha Boat show in Chicago in August instead. Bimini next year.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't forget to change your arrival dates on the customs forms....and leave @Bruce name off yours....smh....I literally was copying Bruce example to make sure I had everything, thinking don't write his info....then I see it.....bruce ward as master....smh....LOL

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just cancelled unfortunately. Going to the Yamaha Boat show in Chicago in August instead. Bimini next year.
Sorry you can not make it but Monday - Wednesday are definitely not passable.