• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL audio tower speakers, sub and amps

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Haha matter of time before we all screamed for pics @Hector LMAO. But I do have a good visualization of it since I keep my amps back there. Really is a good place if I didn't have my amps back there. Another concern would be do the latch door rattle when those beasts are pounding in there.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
ill post pics when I go to my storage yard this weekend. It has been solid and trouble free for the las 2 seasons.
I blew out a tweeter on a MX once but I think it was because of my beer ear.. lol

and I have to 6" vents at each location. 2 of these painted black below the steering wheel in the angled part

and 2 of these at the rear storage behind the driver seat. one pointing at the driver seat and the other pointing toward portside. These already come in white

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ill post pics when I go to my storage yard this weekend. It has been solid and trouble free for the las 2 seasons.
I blew out a tweeter on a MX once but I think it was because of my beer ear.. lol

and I have to 6" vents at each location. 2 of these painted black below the steering wheel in the angled part

and 2 of these at the rear storage behind the driver seat. one pointing at the driver seat and the other pointing toward portside. These already come in white
Oh gotcha. Your vents are the same size as the ones I cut out. Never seen that type of cap before. Nice.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh gotcha. Your vents are the same size as the ones I cut out. Never seen that type of cap before. Nice.
Im a commercial HVAC contractor so we use both types all the time for intake as they both are screened on the backside.
Had to get creative!! lol

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im a commercial HVAC contractor so we use both types all the time for intake as they both are screened on the backside.
Had to get creative!! lol
Haha that is creative.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nice!

In my old 190 I used 4" SS covers to vent two 12" subs, port and helm - worked great:

http://www.amazon.com/stainless-ste...psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Here is the port side:

Here is the helm side:

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm Old boat huh? That looks brand new to me Lol. I didn't know they made seadek back in the "old" days ;)
I should have said old-er! Loved that boat, my 2012 sx190. It was a perfect intro to Yamaha and jet boating for me!

I bought it almost new for 20k, put another 20k into it, had an absolute blast, sold it for 20k - it worked out great!

I would be probably still running her - if it wasn't for the Bimini 2016, lol. After that trip my wife asked me to get a 240.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should have said old-er! Loved that boat, my 2012 sx190. It was a perfect intro to Yamaha and jet boating for me!

I bought it almost new for 20k, put another 20k into it, had an absolute blast, sold it for 20k - it worked out great!

I would be probably still running her - if it wasn't for the Bimini 2016, lol. After that trip my wife asked me to get a 240.

--
Wow that's lots of upgrades. Well by the looks of the photo, it shows you took really good care of her as it looks brand new in pics. I'm sure it had it's perks but the luxury of the 240 is hard to go away from. One main reason I went with a Yamaha.

RCarlisle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Any pics Hector? Did you have to modify the stock hole to fit the 7.7’s?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 7.7s are a larger diameter vs the 6.5s...you will need to enlarge the hole where any 6.5s are currently and need to make or buy a spacer for the front bow area. I ended up buying a starboard piece in black that was premade for the JL 7.7s.

But besides that they WILL fit!