• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought 2015 Scarab 165 HO Impulse

Butch44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have many questions without even have picked it up yet. First important questions after taking safety certification I noticed my boat had no front lights. Is this not required for night driving?

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
im waiting for mine too!
it should have the front lights. are you certain of this? yes it's federally required in all waters. waverunners don't have them because they aren't allowed to run between dusk and dawn. if there's no lights, my 4th of july plans just changed :(

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Screenshot_20190314-180214.png
Led nav lights. You talking about headlights? Like on a car?

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Beat me to it. :)
Its the small circle on the top of the bow

Attachments

Butch44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
im waiting for mine too!
it should have the front lights. are you certain of this? yes it's federally required in all waters. waverunners don't have them because they aren't allowed to run between dusk and dawn. if there's no lights, my 4th of july plans just changed :(
Yeah, picking it up tomorrow and Ive looked at all the pictures and there are none. This is troubling.

Butch44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah, picking it up tomorrow and Ive looked at all the pictures and there are none. This is troubling.
The fourth party goes on!!!!

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
hey bro.
so i'd be keen to leave this thread as jump off for new scarab 165 ID owners if we can make it useful.

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
and be aware of the carbon seal issue:

be sure you understand about the carbon seal and running engine out of the water, that used to be a potential problem, we have lots of good info in the scarab/rotax section,

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length